Water pump leak

Vonhendon

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I've got a small leak that I think is the gasket, but since I've got over 170k on my engine I'm just going to replace the water pump. Is there a certain one you guy's recommend also thermostat and temp. sensor.

Gevans17

Jan 8, 2012
Vonhendon said:
I've got a small leak that I think is the gasket, but since I've got over 170k on my engine I'm just going to replace the water pump. Is there a certain one you guy's recommend also thermostat and temp. sensor.

A C Delco

Dshow

Dec 7, 2011
What about the fan clutch? You might want to consider that while your in there.

Vonhendon

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for the responses, but has anyone used another brand because Auto Zone, O'Reilly, Napa don't carry AC Delco.
Do you also recommend The AC Delco for the Thermostat and ECT. Fan Clutch was replaced in 2010 but still not happy with it,

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Vonhendon said:
Thanks for the responses, but has anyone used another brand because Auto Zone, O'Reilly, Napa don't carry AC Delco.
Do you also recommend The AC Delco for the Thermostat and ECT. Fan Clutch was replaced in 2010 but still not happy with it,

Have you tried looking on RockAuto Auto Parts ?

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
Vonhendon said:

I have used the autozone variety for the pump and thermostat. I have had no issues with the pump, but have replaced the thermostat 3 times in 4 yrs. Having, said, that, I wish I would have spent the extra $ on the delco parts. Maybe next time.

JazzDad

Jan 24, 2012
Just put an AC Delco in mine. Sometimes it's nice to go OEM. I didn't have to worry about a bad rebuild. (Been there, done that more than I wanted.) No core to return is an added bonus!

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
On the T-Stat, I have had to replace mine 4 times now, all have been AcDelco... One was done at dealer under warranty, the next two, my Bro-in-law took care of, the fourth I took care of it... driving down the road, 5am 40 degree weather, SES lights up...

Oh yeah back to topic, I was too wondering with which water pump to go with... looks like I'll be going with AcDelco...

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
KNBlazer said:
On the T-Stat, I have had to replace mine 4 times now, all have been AcDelco... One was done at dealer under warranty, the next two, my Bro-in-law took care of, the fourth I took care of it... driving down the road, 5am 40 degree weather, SES lights up...

Oh yeah back to topic, I was too wondering with which water pump to go with... looks like I'll be going with AcDelco...

What are you using for coolant? seems strange to go through so many thermostats.

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
meerschm said:
What are you using for coolant? seems strange to go through so many thermostats.

Good old Prestone Extended , the green/yellow stuff... I thought about the coolant being a problem, but I don't overheat so I dismissed that theory...

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
I think it has something more to do with the fluids acid levels.. Can not prove this it is just one of those things I heard over time from some one who usually knows his stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online