"Watch” This…

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
"Watch” This…

Recently, I took the plunge and purchased a Legacy TAG Heuer 4000 Professional Stainless Steel Diver’s Watch from a Watch Collector in Japan. Then after getting deeper and deeper into learning the history of its “Swiss Watch” mystique, I wanted to know more about why TAG Heuer used Sapphire Crystal (Nope… It is NOT a Glass) instead of using Hardened Mineral Glass for the face of this attractive Man's Time Piece:

1024px-TAG_Heuer_Logo.svg.png0147-1.jpg

Abundant Ooogly-Googly naturally followed on and this lead me to return to a GMTN Post made a while back in another Automotive On Topic Thread penned in part by @Mooseman showing a Video of a Staggeringly FAST and equally Expensive Luxury Sports Car known as:

The Bughatti Chiron:

...but getting back to the issue of Sapphire Crystal Watch Faces lead me to finding out that the Designer and Manufacturer wanted to get his hands on a Time Piece that would Showcase the Design of The Bughatti Chiron Engine actually working away inside.

To make things even “harder” he also insisted that the Watch Maker create this unique High Tech Time Keeper while running it happily inside of a Clear Case (plus its accoutrements) made entirely out of One, Single Sapphire Crystal. THIS Video tells THAT part of this Story ...and explains why TAG Heuer preferred using the Synthetic Sapphire over using "Just A Plain, Old Window Pane".

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online