Washer pump fuses.

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
My windshield washer fluid (front) does not pump out. I can't hear a pump running. Where is the fuse?

The owner's manual labels fuses as only "windshield washer." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a pump fuse, but I'll assume it means "pump."

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Edit: Nevermind, I misread your first post. Fuse #9 in the front block, is for the windshield washers.

Reactions: coolride

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
Fuses 9 and 7 look good and I changed out relay 42 (still no fluid.) Is the pump for the front windshield the one on the right?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's been a while since I messed with those to remember which is which. If you get fluid out of the rear, you could swap the lines as a temporary fix if you're in a pinch.

Are you able to get the connector off, and test if there's power getting to the pump when the switch is activated?

Reactions: Mektek and coolride

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
No fluid front or rear. I'll test for voltage now. I pulled on the hoses and I think the right hand pump is the front windshield.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, just pull straight out. Hope your tank isn't full or try to do it quickly to minize fluid loss.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Confirmed,,,I see 12 volts at the pump (new one on order.) Does the pump just pull out from the top?
hopefully you checked for a ground also. You can do a simple resistance measurement at the pump... the result may tell you more about whether its a pump problem or otherwise.

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
I used my multimeter at the harness pigtail. It's a small connector, so used small brass nails as pins, and alligator clips. Red harness wire to the positive lead on the multimeter; black lead on the other connection. Hit the switch on the steering column stalk and saw 11.7 volts on the meter.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
sounds ok... I would still do a resistance measurement of the pump just as an additional check to confirm things.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I believe it's separate fuses and relays. Try jumping the relay. If you hear nothing, it's likely the pump motor is done. Check if power gets to the connector to confirm.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online