Warning buying parts from Amazon

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
If the parts you buy for your car have a good warranty BUT say to go through your retailer, you might be out of luck.

Amazon only gives 60 days, regardless if your warranty is technically 1 year, 3 years, or lifetime.

I have a Moog control arm that they won't do anything about after talking to them. They said, "Go through the manufacturer." Well Moog says on their website to through the reseller. :argue:

I need to call Moog directly and see if they will do anything for me but this is annoying.

Maybe it just needs a new zerk fitting and greased back up (zerk is seized and the ball joint is squeaking something awful).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thats one of reasons i like my Detroit Axle parts. No matter if I use ebay or amazon or direct...i deal with them on warranty and never have any issues.

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
Well this is good to know. I've bought some parts from Amazon, but they've always been stuff you would never really return back like that.

Rockauto has been good to me for warranty returned items. I really prefer buying things locally for those type of repairs, like steering racks, ac parts, but when I can save 3 digits of money it really gets to be a no brainer.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I talked to Moog on the phone and they were like yeah we get this all the time, just have to elevate to a manager when you get the guy who has no clue and the manager should know and take care of it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online