warm air driver/cold air passenger

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
shadiBLebz said:
Hope this helps

That "slider" (sliding potentiometer) is broken beyond repair, Only fix for that control unit is to find the exact replacement part and replace it.

Buying a used or new control unit is the best solution. (appears you already replaced it though).

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
BRomanJr said:
That "slider" (sliding potentiometer) is broken beyond repair,
A mild understatement. :yes: :eek:

shadiBLebz

Apr 19, 2012
Well if i cant fix it... that sucks. Thats what happens when you try dumb things.

I do have a replacement i heard so e need to be reprogramed for the vehicle it goes in. I pulled my replacement out of an 03 envoy. So the directional controls are messed up.

Have any of you heard of that?

shadiBLebz

Apr 19, 2012
No need to be sorry it was my screw up. I cam live the with the directional screw up ive learned what does what. But i am gonna try n fix it. U might get lucky never know.

Ig i do then i win if i do t well then i dont haha. Thanks for the help everyone it was very informative and helpful.

Instead of starting a new thread i have a unrelated question. I have problems with starting the tb every now n then. There are times when i go to start and it wont turn and and ill have to hold the key for a bit or leave the truck alone for 30 min or more. I get power n everythink but will not get a crank. Ive xhanged the starter relay once before and that fixed the issue. But the problem is back now. Any thoughts?

shadiBLebz

Apr 19, 2012
No need to be sorry it was my screw up. I cam live the with the directional screw up ive learned what does what. But i am gonna try n fix it. U might get lucky never know.

Ig i do then i win if i do t well then i dont haha. Thanks for the help everyone it was very informative and helpful.

Instead of starting a new thread i have a unrelated question. I have problems with starting the tb every now n then. There are times when i go to start and it wont turn and and ill have to hold the key for a bit or leave the truck alone for 30 min or more. I get power n everythink but will not get a crank. Ive xhanged the starter relay once before and that fixed the issue. But the problem is back now. Any thoughts?

shadiBLebz

Apr 19, 2012
the roadie said:
Almost always a flaky ignition switch. They have a horrible failure rate, but aftermarket replacements are cheap.

Sorry for the repost.

Ignition switch. Would it still send power to the relay? For example lats night i opned the hood to hear if anything was clicking.

Everytime i turn i can hear a click drom the relay assuming there was power going to it.

shadiBLebz

Apr 19, 2012
No i have not. And to be honest i do t even know were my starter is in order too look :frown:

Ya...sad.

Could i get a diagram of were the starter is. And ill be able to check it out on my next day off thursday?
Maybe i can cox thewchanics at wprk to let me bring it in after my shift is done.

mskn21

Feb 27, 2015
I have a similar problem as of OP but the only difference in my vehicle is its only passenger side blowing cold where as driver and rear are blowing warm air (not hot). I have tried pulling the fuses as mentioned in different threads. Disconnect the battery as well but no use. More over i have notices that clutch tries to kick in but then auto disengages after few seconds then again same process of engaging and disengaging cont. More over i can hear a clicking sound most probably from the switch and with this sound this engaging and disengaging starts. I had battery removed for cleaning throttle body but after that ac wored fine and suddenly after 2 weeks this problem emerged. Have not yet checked the feron level. Sorry for lenthy post but want to explain my problem in detail. Thanks and appreciate your help.

mskn21

Feb 27, 2015
One more thing that might help in diagnosing the problem. When i pulled fuse or battery for recalibration aftrr putting back fuse/ battery when i moved tge ignition switch to run ac auto started.I left it alone to recalibrate. Moreover before yhis problem when my ac was working fine some times when I was driving without ac it will auto get switched on. It happened no of times. Don't understand what actually has happened to my ac which was working very f9.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrose907

Members Online