Wanted 20" SS wheels.....

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I am wanting a full set of tb SS wheels...no tires needed. Pm me if u wanna sell. They don't hafta b perfect...but I don't want them to look like crap either. THANKS!!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Join the party! I would pull tooth and nails for a set, but I really don't think there is a single SS in the entire state of Iowa Grrr!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well...you can keep the keys if I can have the rims lol
stormsurge said:
sure there is and i have the keys lol. Ask on tbssowners. i see them on there every now and then.View attachment 4003

silvernclean said:
Guess if all else fails........... EBAY

I thought about doing that, but the shipping is freaking crazy! I want the tires too though. I have stock right now.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Yup I've got 20" now so I've got tires. :wink:

:hissyfit:

Trade you....

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Lol...I'm good

WTF??? You didn't even ask what I would trade you for them lol.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Watch Craigslist I have seen some random sets pop up here for like $650 that would be a steal! and yeah always ebay

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I wish I actually had the money :frown::frown::frown: But her are quite a few on eBay I mean incase you end up going that route...

[EBAY]280823818350[/EBAY]

[EBAY]260921615074[/EBAY]

[EBAY]250602584698[/EBAY]

[EBAY]220935743593[/EBAY]

The gunmetal ones are just :salivate::salivate:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
WTF??? You didn't even ask what I would trade you for them lol.

Well after I get some new wheels ...I'll sell these. The thing is I am debating whether or not to powder coat these flat black and keep em or get the ss wheels. Undecided. Lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Well after I get some new wheels ...I'll sell these. The thing is I am debating whether or not to powder coat these flat black and keep em or get the ss wheels. Undecided. Lol

Do you have a picture of your rims up close?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ad7a2750-12a0-b03b.jpg
shitty pic but yup

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:

Sounds like someone needs to consult an old tbssowners friend

View attachment 18805

No one has asked but yep thats Plasti Dip
IMAG0219.jpg

Attachments

• 77411d1290401587-scarab-y2ks-2000-black-1-8t-plasti-dip-can.jpg
    77411d1290401587-scarab-y2ks-2000-black-1-8t-plasti-dip-can.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 92

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I think those rims would look pretty sweet black! If it is cheaper I think you should give it a shot for sure!! Maybe someone that is really good with photoshop wouldnt mind doing a quick edit for you so you can see if you like before you do it you know!! But if you do black rims, you should make the GMC emblem black also :yes:

STLtrailbSS how well does that stuff hold on? Do it start to peal after time etc?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Heard about plasti dip....but also heard a PITA to peel off. Haha. I guess I could do it as a temp solution. :thumbup:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
Heard about plasti dip....but also heard a PITA to peel off. Haha. I guess I could do it as a temp solution. :thumbup:

so you hear lol Its so easy to peel off its not funny just have to create a starting point to peel I had to respray one wheel I had it stripped in about 7-10 minutes stuff is impressive when I get new tires Im going to do it properly with powder coat but it has held up flawless for roughly a month and its been through 3 salt filled snows not a problem anywhere $24 Gets you 4 flat black rims that can be reversed whenever you want. I did it just because I was bored lol
I would honestly keep plastidipping these and put money into headers or a stealth cam I could care less what makes my rims black MORE POWER LOL

Voy, TBSSowners have seen a 9 to 12months before it starts to peel There are a few guys over a year but in the midwest I dont see that happening

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I think those rims would look pretty sweet black! If it is cheaper I think you should give it a shot for sure!! Maybe someone that is really good with photoshop wouldnt mind doing a quick edit for you so you can see if you like before you do it you know!! But if you do black rims, you should make the GMC emblem black also :yes:

STLtrailbSS how well does that stuff hold on? Do it start to peal after time etc?

I would MOST definately paint the gmc black. It would give it a balance of contrast

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Voymom said:
Well...you can keep the keys if I can have the rims lol

I thought about doing that, but the shipping is freaking crazy! I want the tires too though. I have stock right now.

I need to let you drive it sometime. there alot of fun and AWD. The wife loves it.

Rubberman

Dec 14, 2011
I seen an EXT the other day with the SS wheels. It looked good but the Dbag put SS badges on it right above the Chevrolet badges and it was crooked. At least leave the SS badges off.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I guess I could see the 20" rims but the tires are crazy expensive. Even decent tires for my 18's are expensive. It seems every crossover I see has at least 19" rims. Can't imagine the shock of the quotes for new tires.

Rubberman

Dec 14, 2011
Jkust said:
I guess I could see the 20" rims but the tires are crazy expensive. Even decent tires for my 18's are expensive. It seems every crossover I see has at least 19" rims. Can't imagine the shock of the quotes for new tires.

A coworker has a Toyota Highlander which has 20" stock rims. She was quote $1100 for new tires. I think she might be getting ripped off.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Rubberman said:
A coworker has a Toyota Highlander which has 20" stock rims. She was quote $1100 for new tires. I think she might be getting ripped off.

Even my 18's cost that much or at least in ripoff Minnesota they do.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
tires are more expensive then people think... just to replace my factory RSA's.. just a shade over $800 mounted and balanced...

edit: forgot to mention that it did include a front end alighnment as well... lol.. either way, tires are expensive for bigger wheels...

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Got my tires used. they had about 99.9% tread left when I bought them for $500. (Lol) Mounted and balanced.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
tires are more expensive then people think... just to replace my factory RSA's.. just a shade over $800 mounted and balanced...

Recently at car dealer, rims and obviously tires were getting taken all 4 at a time on just mediocre new vehicles and the news cast where the story aired mentioned how much the 4 rims and tires generally cost for that particular make (Dodge I think). The comments section on the bottom of the article showed that people had no clue how much rims and tires cost.

The tires on My 9-7 (with factory 18's) will need replacement maybe this time next year but the Rainier with the usual 17's was bought with brand new tires on it thank god.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i just checked all of Iowa's craigslist.. not one set for sale... only hit that came up, was a set of 24's with tires for $1500...

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just called pro strip in ft wayne....they want $100 a wheel to powder coat. Thinkin I am gonna go in that direction. Flat black here I come!! I will post pics.........

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Just called pro strip in ft wayne....they want $100 a wheel to powder coat. Thinkin I am gonna go in that direction. Flat black here I come!! I will post pics.........

That is cheaper then SS wheels :crackup:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
And oh by the way...they can poweder coat on top of chrome. Usually only if its not peeling and wheels are in good shape. (If the chrome peels the powder coat will go with it). So since mine are peeling(just barely) I am gonna have them strip it to bare metal, then spray. Can't wait.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
And oh by the way...they can poweder coat on top of chrome. Usually only if its not peeling and wheels are in good shape. (If the chrome peels the powder coat will go with it). So since mine are peeling(just barely) I am gonna have them strip it to bare metal, then spray. Can't wait.

Should look good man!! Why not do glossy black? Then do that GMC emblem and your good to go :thumbsup:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
My preference is flat black. I like the flat look over the gloss look. And yea the emblem will become black.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
My preference is flat black. I like the flat look over the gloss look. And yea the emblem will become black.

cool cannot wait to see some pictures :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
cool cannot wait to see some pictures :thumbsup:

:iagree: what he said!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Itsonvoy...are u going to the coldwater meet??

I am thinking about it, it depends on my school and work really. I still need to do a few mods but its too cold :mad: the truck is getting boring lol

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well all will be done b4 the meet in coldwater and I'll be there. :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
Well all will be done b4 the meet in coldwater and I'll be there. :biggrin:

Well then I'll see it in person, as the beaSSt and I will be there as well :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher