Want to see someone struggle?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
As some of you know, I replaced the starter in the Escalade a couple of weeks ago. I figured that I would wait until I knew it wouldn't fall out of the bottom of the truck before posting my documentation on it. Don't laugh because I learned as I went along, just enjoy it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There is nothing "Funny" about a Man trying to do what you Succeeded in doing with Your Repair... In spite of any self-deprecations or mistakes in observation and in spite of any self-doubts... You Did IT! There are so many "Lurkers" on Forums who will view this kind of action with a jaundiced eye ...and perhaps even look for the opportunity of making ridicule. And yet...When you scratch through "the clean surfaces" of their Jaded Comments...you won't find one scintilla of Dirt or Grease that comes with the ACTIONS of Being A Mechanic.

My inclination here is to give you a Perfect Score... but without Nitrile Gloves and a Nice Big Piece of Cardboard to slide around on Your Back down there... Well... Please accept the following, well earned @Mooseman Award:

upload_2016-11-8_18-30-52.png

President Theodore Roosevelt once said it Best:

“Far better is it to Dare Mighty Things, to Win Glorious Triumphs, even though Checkered by Failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a Gray Twilight ...that Knows Not Victory... nor Defeat….”

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I would agree with the nitrile gloves but I have yet to find a pair that doesn't shred when I start working. Even the XL ones tear at the palm.

Was it helpful, if I were to do this again would you guys recommend me doing something good different if I do?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Those nitrile gloves bring the suck.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Not having to scrub my hands every night to get the last of the grease out from the nails would be nice, but I can't do it. Only times I struggle with gloves is when I'm painting the boat bottom and smearing skimmers. Otherwise I deal with the purple primer, PVC cement, and all the other junk.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
That looks just about as annoying as it did on my 6.0. We had it a little more easier time accessing it since i was up on a lift, and the exhaust and tranny was out of the way :crackup:

good vid man :thumbsup:. way to knock it out! on a side note, NSFW! :rotfl:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
We had it a little more easier time accessing it since i was up on a lift, and the exhaust and tranny was out of the way :crackup:

good vid man :thumbsup:. way to knock it out! on a side note, NSFW! :rotfl:
Thanks!

That probably would make things easier with all that unnecessary clutter out of the way. I crawled under the sierra and it had a lot more room... and you know it was like spotless. :rotfl:

The profanity comes from frustration. I'm not usually that F***ing bad :thumbsup: It was cold and took longer than I thought it would. That level sensor really ran me around... I was like "how did they... how do you replace this thing..." It took more time to figure that out than it did to wrestle the starter out and get the terminals off. :weird:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Thanks!

That probably would make things easier with all that unnecessary clutter out of the way. I crawled under the sierra and it had a lot more room... and you know it was like spotless. :rotfl:

The profanity comes from frustration. I'm not usually that F***ing bad :thumbsup: It was cold and took longer than I thought it would. That level sensor really ran me around... I was like "how did they... how do you replace this thing..." It took more time to figure that out than it did to wrestle the starter out and get the terminals off. :weird:

:crackup: no pun intended right? :rotfl:

There's are lot on these vehicles that will leave you :Banghead:... I just roll with the punches, take a step back before my temper really flares, and then i get back to it.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
:crackup: no pun intended right? :rotfl:

There's are lot on these vehicles that will leave you :Banghead:... I just roll with the punches, take a step back before my temper really flares, and then i get back to it.
I know the feeling. I was that way while replacing the oil pressure sender last year... :duh:

Reactions: Boricua SS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.