WA Front Plate.. Again

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
HB 1951 - 2013-14

Introduced by Rep. Ross Hunter, (Medina) (D) on February 21, 2013, allows persons to display only a single, rear license plate on their vehicle if they pay a $200 fee to the Department of Licensing.
Referred to the House Transportation Committee on February 21, 2013.

Now with video:
TVW v3

Its unlikely this will pass given the rebuttal from WSP and the transportation guy..

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I thought this was already in the works? I will happily pay that and never worry about getting harassed for not having a front plate.

kardain

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
A bill has been introduced each session for the past few years. each time, it died in the House/Senate. So this one, if i remember right has a one time cost of 256k to implement the necessary upgrades to DOL comp systems. That's easily reclaimed with that $200 fee. I have 3 vehicles that can stand to have the front plate off, so there's $600 i'd gladly pay.

As far as photo tolling, our state needs to speak with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to find out how it works (one plate state and they are planning photo tolling on the turnpike)

scorpio1

Dec 12, 2012
I dont live in WA but if that were here in MT, id pay it in a heartbeat. Hate front plates.

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
kardain said:
As far as photo tolling, our state needs to speak with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to find out how it works (one plate state and they are planning photo tolling on the turnpike)
NC opened a toll road near Raleigh, we are a one plate state. But I've been through photo toll roads in other states and always received the bill with only my one plate.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
What are these "front plates" you speak of?

Cops up north must be bored.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online