Vxdiag vcx nano to Reprogram PDM

Moms_Spaghetti

Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Bayamon
I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction on reprogramming a new PDM.

Some background:
I have a 2005 XUV 4.2L

My passenger door window was not working but was still locking. to troubleshoot I took the driver’s door module and plugged it in on the passenger side and the window was now working fine. I purchased a new PDM and plugged it in but now the locks and windows were not working on that door. From what I can tell I need to have this new module reprogramed?

Instead of taking it to the dealer I picked up the Vxdiag Tech2 clone to help me with this window and other various issues (XUV Tailgate…) . I was able to get the software working fine on my computer and was able to connect to the car and found other unrelated issues (ABS etc).

When looking online most point to using the ACdelco website to get the correct (software/Firmware/flash?) to reprogram a module, but from what I can tell they took down that part of the website?

So I am wondering if anyone knows how to reprogram modules with the Vxdiag tech2 clone, or do I have to bring it in to a dealer?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, it's still there.

Choose the first one for one vehicle for 24 month.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It should work with the VXdiag however others have not had any luck with it. I have done it a few times with my Tech 2.

Moms_Spaghetti

Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Bayamon
Hum...well when i follow that link i get this "Unknown error occurred"Error.JPG
When i try to sign up or subscribe I get the same error as well?
This is why I believed it was no longer offered, but I guess there is a problem on my end.
I did see from a previous thread that you were able to use the tis2000 software on vehicles older than 2008? Im wondering if it is possible in reference to this video

Since mine is an 2005 I was wondering if that would be a possible route since going through the ACdelco page wasn't working for me?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, just have to find a copy of Tis2000 with a crack. There are links in this thread:

It could be your browser. Try IE, Edge is supposedly a no-no. There's also this warning on top:

Tech2Win Update Attention! If you are running a Windows 32 bit machine. Do not install the latest Tech2Win update as it is for Windows 64 bit machines only. Continue to stay on the 32 bit version. There is not a method to install 32 bit software going forward.

• Love
Reactions: 808

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online