vortec 350 conversion to tbi

drake.whitehead

Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Indianapolis
So a few weeks ago my 350tbi blew up, I don't know what the problem was but i will soon, so don't worry about the tbi, last week i bought a 98 350 vortec 5.7 and I'm trying to swap it into my 95 silverado so I have a working vehicle while i rebuild the tbi block. Most people say that if I'm going to mess with the vortec and switch it to tbi I should just go straight to carb and that's where my questions kinda start. So I do have plans to switch the intake manifold for this vortec engine since its going to be a huge pain to swap the wiring harness and the computer and various other things trying to just keep this engine the way it is that's why I'm switching the manifold. My first question is if I swap in a carb intake manifold and put a tbi conversion plate on top what would I do with the egr? Since my pockets aren't that deep to buy a $600 Chevrolet vortec to tbi intake manifold, I've heard that can do a egr delete but I've also heard that this can cause numerous unwanted problems and im trying to avoid that while being cost effective. I know there are some cheaper intakes that have a egr port on them that are less then $600 but honestly I just need help finding that right one that will fit a vortec engine from 98.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86