Viper brakes?

DrRansom442

Original poster
May 16, 2013
I am needing to replace brakes this summer any way. I found a local (don't ask /don't tell) kind of deal on some Viper rotors, calipers and pads. Has anyone installed these onto a GMT360? Or am I better off holding on to them till I get to suspension work/17"-18" wheels on my 81 Cutlass Calais?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Viper? As in Dodge viper?

Anything can be done with enough time and money, but.... I wouldn't even try. It wouldn't be worth it. Far too much would need heavy modding and custom fabrication. The rotors don't have the right number of lugs let alone the bolt pattern.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Sparky said:
Viper? As in Dodge viper?

Anything can be done with enough time and money, but.... I wouldn't even try. It wouldn't be worth it. Far too much would need heavy modding and custom fabrication. The rotors don't have the right number of lugs let alone the bolt pattern.

My thoughts exactly. Brakes aren't exactly something you just put holes through unless you REALLY know what you're doing, and have a working knowledge of the mathematics behind the engineering of brakes so you can ensure you aren't building a deathtrap.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
It cost a guy I think over 2k to retrofit just corvette brakes onto a SS. If you are referring to a Dodge Viper, your whole entire brake system would need to be redone and retro fit. If you really are wanting a great break set up without the hassle you can buy Baer Breaks for about 2k

DrRansom442

Original poster
May 16, 2013
truth in advertising I swear .... as it turns out they were really SRT-10 brakes. Viper might have been more feasible. Since the Viper and Bravada both have 6 lugs albeit on a different pattern. The truck had 5 on 5.5 lugs and 15" front rotors ... So the Cutlass is out too

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online