Viper 791xv

oh05ext

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I just found my old viper alarm from my old car. Is this even worth installing on our trailblazer and how much of a PITA is it going to be. I have the manual from a 771xv and everything looks similar but I suck at wiring and stuff like this. Or do i just pay a shop to install it.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
You would need a bypass module for it to.work properly. If you look in the electronics forum there are a few threads with info and one between MAY03LT, and myself with some wiring info. Most of it should cross reference the colors will likely be different.

oh05ext

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
i found the right manual online and after reading it im very intimidated. im colorblind and hate wiring with a passion.who is near me that can be bribed with food,drink and some cash to get this thing installed in a day

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I see plenty of people actively posting that have Ohio listed as their place, stick around and I'm sure someone will be willing to help you out. I'm a little far from Columbus at 2 1/2 hour trip myself.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
oh05ext said:
i found the right manual online and after reading it im very intimidated. im colorblind and hate wiring with a passion.who is near me that can be bribed with food,drink and some cash to get this thing installed in a day

I had to count the slot for each wire as I too am colorblind. It took about 3 hours at night in my old apartments parking lot and it was pretty damn cold.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.