Viper 5704 (formally 5901) + Xpresskit xk06 on 05 TB-ls

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Ok guys, first of all, I would like to give a huge shout out to both GMT Nation and TrailVoy...for the countless times they have gotten me out of sticky situations. :smile: :thumbsup:
I've decided to tackle the install on this project(read title) myself. I've read so many write-ups and how-to's on it, I'm quite familiar with the concept, and just takes a little know how and A LOT of patience.

I'm a bit concerned on a couple parts of the install, and want to be 110% sure before I start hacking away at my harness.

*Measure twice cut once*

I have the 05 TB LS...on my Xpresskit xk06, it says green and blue wires go to resistor code input/output respectively, which is listed as a white wire, I'm not sure which wire it's referring to, and I'm not about to severe a wire, just to have to solder it back together :mad:
I'm a bit confused about this, what resistor code? All I can think of is the way my buddy is installing his push button start, with a resistor hardwired inline to bypass the ignition, but our keys don't use chips?

Ignition/flex relay control...I have 2 ignition wires, and 2 acc wires...so I shouldn't need a relay? from what I understand, the relay is needed when there aren't 2 ignition input/output and 2 acc input/output...or I think that's how I remember it lol

Everywhere that I've read says the The OBD data wire (purple) goes to the purple wire in the bypass module...but my unit is saying it goes to the green wire? I don't see a green wire in that harness... :confused:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/uploads/2000_impala_obd2_data.jpg

It also says to cut the red/white wire, red wire from the xk06 as input (engine side) and the violet/white wire as output(ignition side)

Door trigger...says to use dome supervision wire, but under it in the notes, it goes on to say "to avoid dome light delay, use the separate door trigger wires." so, use it, but don't use it? lol ::stabs self in eye with soldering iron::

Dome light supervision on my 5704 wiring sheet says 200ma (-) but on my wiring sheet from the12volt.com it says dome supervision wire is (+)??? confuzzled yet again...

here are a few links to some of the forums I've been reading...
2002-2007 trailblazer r/s pictorial - Page 1
A Step-by-Step Viper 5901 Remote Starter & Alarm Installation Guide - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum
2002-2007 trailblazer r/s pictorial

I've been working on this since the crack of dawn...it started raining on me 3 diff times ((shuts car door after unplugging lights and irons, to stand in barn and wait it out, I broke the tip of my soldering iron :frown: , and was frustrated to the point of pulling my hair out (I shave my head btw...dramatic effect)
so I laid everything down, went to my Jujitsu class...I'm competing in the NAGA tournament next saturday :stars: ...and now I'm back with fresh eyes to get back started, at 2300....yay for flood lights~

ANY help anyone could give would be invaluable...I knew I was getting myself into quite the project, but it's turning out to be even more tough that I expected...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
NinjuhhNutz said:
Ok guys, first of all, I would like to give a huge shout out to both GMT Nation and TrailVoy...for the countless times they have gotten me out of sticky situations. :smile: :thumbsup:
I've decided to tackle the install on this project(read title) myself. I've read so many write-ups and how-to's on it, I'm quite familiar with the concept, and just takes a little know how and A LOT of patience.

I'm a bit concerned on a couple parts of the install, and want to be 110% sure before I start hacking away at my harness.

*Measure twice cut once*

Welcome to the site! These things aren't easy but with enough preparation and patience they are doable.:cool:

I have the 05 TB LS...on my Xpresskit xk06, it says green and blue wires go to resistor code input/output respectively.......but our keys don't use chips?

Correct. The XK will send a passlock signal over the OBD2 wire so you won't have to mess with that.

Ignition/flex relay control...I have 2 ignition wires, and 2 acc wires...so I shouldn't need a relay? from what I understand, the relay is needed when there aren't 2 ignition input/output and 2 acc input/output...or I think that's how I remember it lol

You got it. Older r/s units usually had a single ACC out and we'd have to add a second ACC by using a relay. You might have read some posts on trailvoy debating the need for ACC2. AFAIK there hasn't been a confirmed solution. Some guys went without using it and had no problems, other guys got transmission P codes after a r/s and adding ACC2 was the fix. I don't want the hassle of going back in so they all get it.

Everywhere that I've read says the The OBD data wire (purple) goes to the purple wire in the bypass module...but my unit is saying it goes to the green wire? I don't see a green wire in that harness... :confused:

It should be pin 5 between pink/white and purple/white.

It also says to cut the red/white wire, red wire from the xk06 as input (engine side) and the violet/white wire as output(ignition side)

Do you have a link to that or can you take a pic?

Door trigger...says to use dome supervision wire, but under it in the notes, it goes on to say "to avoid dome light delay, use the separate door trigger wires." so, use it, but don't use it? lol ::stabs self in eye with soldering iron::

The XK will use the data wire to read the front doors and liftgate. I get the rear door triggers under the bcm and diode isolate them to the door trigger input. DLS is a hassle so I don't use it. You can run a small length of wire from the door trigger input and tape it off so you can add the rear doors later.

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Welcome to the site! These things aren't easy but with enough preparation and patience they are doable.:cool: [QUOTE\]

Agreed...I only wish I had done a bit more research into the programming aspect of the bypass and r/s...but it's all good, just another day in paradise lol

Correct. The XK will send a passlock signal over the OBD2 wire so you won't have to mess with that.[QUOTE\]

yea...for reasons unknown to me, Kreg357 over on 12volt told me I needed to have PLXR firmware installed on my xk06...that's cool and all, but there's no connection to my OBDII wire in that schematic? so I'm not following how that's fixing my problem at all. I can't seem to figure out what firmware I need on my xk06, it came preloaded with PGK7. :confused:

It should be pin 5 between pink/white and purple/white.[QUOTE\]

I was actually referring to finding the green wire in the vehicle harness...but I think I have that cleared up

The XK will use the data wire to read the front doors and liftgate. I get the rear door triggers under the bcm and diode isolate them to the door trigger input. DLS is a hassle so I don't use it. You can run a small length of wire from the door trigger input and tape it off so you can add the rear doors later.

This is what I was thinking as well...I've read your posts several times on diff threads about this issue, but if I have no OBDII connection then.....?

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
UPDATE

seems Kreg357 was right...the xk06 isn't a combo bypass unit...I picked up the DBall and have the arm/disarm working, fob alerts working...just no lock/unlock?
factory fob doesn't lock and neither does the door panel...can't live with this going on lol
on the way to work now, will hopefully get this resolved tonight afterwards

bmntrail04

Oct 18, 2012
NinjuhhNutz said:
UPDATE

seems Kreg357 was right...the xk06 isn't a combo bypass unit...I picked up the DBall and have the arm/disarm working, fob alerts working...just no lock/unlock?
factory fob doesn't lock and neither does the door panel...can't live with this going on lol
on the way to work now, will hopefully get this resolved tonight afterwards

Ok so when ur locks at the switch dont work check for fuses to be blown.....

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
bmntrail04 said:
Ok so when ur locks at the switch dont work check for fuses to be blown.....

First thing I checked, no joy...there's no clicking of the relays from the lock/unlock relay in the fuse box by the bcm. Not getting power? or?

Heading to work in a few min...courtesy of a buddy of mine who happens to work near where I do, at around the same time...
need to get a new multi-meter tonight after work, not getting into what happens when you loan them out o.O

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
update

checked wires at the ignition switch

12V constant
acc 1&2
ign 1&2
starter

all showing +/- 12V

raw battery as well

that pretty much eliminates the ignition switch :/

gonna trace the wiring back to the headlight output tomorrow morning to see where the problem is and do the same with the locks/windows...I'm somewhat convinced at this point it's a bcm issue, but want to be 110% sure before I shell out the cash for one and then get it programmed at the dealership only to find out it didn't fix my problem

((random thought...would it be possible to program the new bcm (assuming I get it) for heated seats/heated mirrors?...or would those two functions even be routed through the bcm?)) just a thought that popped in my head at work today~
main focus is getting the tb running again, then worry about the rest

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
well guys...I feel I should hand out a shoe to every single one of you...to fling at my head~ lol
after all the frustration and hours of intimate time with the DMM...it turned out to be a frikkin blown fuse (#31 Truck Body Controller)
idk how I missed it each of the several times I checked "all" the fuses, but arm/disarm lock/unlock R/S is working...everything seems good to go
thanks everyone...I can't help but laugh at myself, or I might just lose it :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.