Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Thought some people might be interested in this

[video=youtube;dJfFV67iXsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfFV67iXsY[/video]

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Looks great!

I would love to do this on mine but not sure how well it would stand out on mine. :frown:

Boog2006

Dec 3, 2011
Nice job! Hard to tell in the video, but did you allow much drying time between coats? Looked like a pretty continuous application.

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Boog2006 said:
Nice job! Hard to tell in the video, but did you allow much drying time between coats? Looked like a pretty continuous application.

when doing an entire piece you do want drying time, however when you are taping off sections you can't really let it dry before pulling the tape otherwise the plasti dip will pull up with the tape.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
I was a little unsure about how it would come out looking. But that stuff looks good once its dry. Makes me want to buy some just to coat random stuff. LOL

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wow you really can't mess up applying it. The way you sprayed that on there my first impression is WTH you don't paint that way! But this stuff doesn't matter apparently!

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Came out good. I like the way you masked off the hood. Honestly though, you dont need that much prep work and so many coats. This stuff will apply better to a dirty surface, and wont scratch either. Im actually it bonded to such a clean surface. Iv used this stuff on many application on my truck and its great. Also, for anyone who might be scared to do this, another great thing is that its self leveling. Leaves you basically error free with any running or anything like that. Only issues iv had is a few little bubble patches here and there depending on where it is in the can or the angle of the spray.

Great job! well done!

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Sparky said:
Wow you really can't mess up applying it. The way you sprayed that on there my first impression is WTH you don't paint that way! But this stuff doesn't matter apparently!

lol indeed

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
btw I did make a howto thread but if you needed some close ups

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Code Red said:
btw I did make a howto thread but if you needed some close ups

How well does it hold up against washing and waxing?

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Porkins said:
How well does it hold up against washing and waxing?

I haven't tried yet as the truck stays in the garage. most people say it washes fine. wax I dont know but it is rubber so I don't think you want to wax it.

This isn't a replacement to paint in my opinion. I just did it to see if I liked the look before spending money on paint.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good. Will it stand up to rocks and sand blasting or do you think it will chip and pit easier than paint?

Code Red

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Jkust said:
Looks good. Will it stand up to rocks and sand blasting or do you think it will chip and pit easier than paint?

honestly the coating is rubber so honestly it probably should hold up well to rock chips.

maybe these will answer your questions

[video=youtube;t0tkWqzaJDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tkWqzaJDY[/video]

[video=youtube;zPV2QgcAkwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPV2QgcAkwA[/video]

[video=youtube;rDhIAoXc1sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhIAoXc1sw[/video]

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you CodeRed. I want to try it but I didn't want to reapply every time I "clean-her-up"

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Its pretty tuff stuff and can handle it pretty well. I have my grill done and washed off the dried dead bugs off my grill with eagleone wash and a microfiber mit and it didnt mess up the finish or peel at all. Start to rub it a little bit with you finger to increase fricton (inset joke here) to start the peel and then you can take it off but it wont budge with a normal wash.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online