Video of 7k RPM Shift {Tune Log Included}

RemainingRex

Original poster
Jul 23, 2020
WA
Here's a video of my 2003 GMC envoy shifting at or almost at 7,000 RPM. The car has 172,000 miles and has always had the minimum maintenance done by my family before coming to me.

Mods:
Custom "Cold" air intake
cats deleted, resonator and factory muffler removed. Welded/clamped up Magnaflow #11229 muffler. (3" ID in/out)
Bunch of other non drive/power train related stuff.
tune with factory fueling and spark. I adjusted wheel speed to account for 32" tires, removed torque management, and changed shift points, timing, and pressure.
Forgive me, I haven't used a forum in years and forget how to imbed hyperlinks.

Links:
High RPM shift sound -

You can hear the "POP POP" right at upshift.
(When I purchased this muffler, I did so expecting it to have a 3" OD in and out. It was designed to slide over a 3" OD pipe. So there is some leaks, if you can hear them. I suspect it will sound much better when I fix this.
I also have a loud valve tick of some kind, which subsides substantially (still audibly present) when the engine is warm. This might be because I very much abuse this vehicle. I deliver in it and reach WOT 20+ times a day.)

Tune Log - HP Tuners Log File for TrailVoy
(Included my entire drive on this log. I'm far from any expert on tuning. I'll get there one day.)

[Double post from trailvoy since it seems they didn't let me post this on their site]

Reactions: limequat and Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher