Video: Common 4L60E failures

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found this nice short and to the point video that explains the common issues and failures of this transmission. A lot of people ask about these same issues so this will be useful.

Last edited:

02trailblazin

Sep 25, 2019
Florida
Yea best way to go is with a reman or remam it urself and replace with aftermarket aluminum parts that were originally plastic and add a extra clutch pack because 3-4 could use it for anything over stock tcm programming i do appreciate u posting this video i was gonna tackle my stock tranny and go threw it but i finally thought about it and went with that reman. Because the warranty for the unlimited miles being new to father hood i thought i was making the right choice by gettina cheap 1 and replacing it before mom and my boy needed the vehicle and the luck i have id be gettin a phone call im broke down so i bought a salvage tranny with 60 day warranty and ended up doing my tranny out in out and wait for new 1 to get delivered then install again and now its good to go idk why gm did that to the trannys when it went from the 700r4 to the 4l60e same set up jus electronic shift setup. So tryin to make the right decision the 1st time ended up being a even better decision when i got 3 strikes on the removal and installation off the 8 or 10 bellhousing bolts and the fly converter bolts it was like out of no were a email from a automated message from the transmission company popped up in my email and i sacrificed alot of savings the week after xmas this year to start 2020 right and i believe anybody that needa a tranny should check out street smart transmission there based out of tampa fl and even if ur in another state they ship ever reman tranny they sell to ur address u give them via there logistics shipping company

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online