Vibration while stopped...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yes i think i have yet another problem :rotfl::hissyfit:

Since getting my truck back after the 3rd motor installed last week, i've noticed it has a slightly greater then normal vibration... Honestly, I dont remember it vibrating while at a stop, but then again, the dealer had the damn truck for 6 months out of the past year, in fact, i havent put over 3500 miles on the beaSSt in past 2 years...

now my concern is, my warranty is expiring this month, and if this is something that could get costly, i wanna get it in while it's under warranty still... from research on tbssowners and trailvoy, almost all signs point to motor mounts, drivetrain issues, or the problem just alleviates itself... what's happening is when i come to a complete stop, i just feel this vibration on my ass, the floor, and in the steering wheel... this only happens while stopped in traffic or a complete stop in general... the minute i take my foot off the brake pedal and give it any amount of gas, vibration instantly goes away... i havent tried shifting into neutral while stopped, but i did notice the vibration increased when i turned on any HVAC component...

thoughts? should i be concerned?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Yes i think i have yet another problem :rotfl::hissyfit:

Since getting my truck back after the 3rd motor installed last week, i've noticed it has a slightly greater then normal vibration... Honestly, I dont remember it vibrating while at a stop, but then again, the dealer had the damn truck for 6 months out of the past year, in fact, i havent put over 3500 miles on the beaSSt in past 2 years...

now my concern is, my warranty is expiring this month, and if this is something that could get costly, i wanna get it in while it's under warranty still... from research on tbssowners and trailvoy, almost all signs point to motor mounts, drivetrain issues, or the problem just alleviates itself... what's happening is when i come to a complete stop, i just feel this vibration on my ass, the floor, and in the steering wheel... this only happens while stopped in traffic or a complete stop in general... the minute i take my foot off the brake pedal and give it any amount of gas, vibration instantly goes away... i havent tried shifting into neutral while stopped, but i did notice the vibration increased when i turned on any HVAC component...

thoughts? should i be concerned?

Somone's got an evil eye on your truck dude :lipsrsealed: Throttle should be bling bling since it's a new motor but then again you never know! My diagnosis when i had a vibration was:

1- Cleaned the Throttle Body got improvement but there would still be vibration with HVAC on
2- Motor mounts were shot, replaced them and problem solved
3- Sometimes I do get a slight vibration, but i'm assuming its a clogged muffler. No real vibration to get me worried.
4- It could also be a Coil Pack that doesn't deliver efficiently to the spark plug, that was another thing I identified during my last maintenence.

Good Luck man!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
What happens if you keep your foot on the brake an just increase the RPM's?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fadyasha said:
Somone's got an evil eye on your truck dude :lipsrsealed: Throttle should be bling bling since it's a new motor but then again you never know! My diagnosis when i had a vibration was:

1- Cleaned the Throttle Body got improvement but there would still be vibration with HVAC on
2- Motor mounts were shot, replaced them and problem solved
3- Sometimes I do get a slight vibration, but i'm assuming its a clogged muffler. No real vibration to get me worried.
4- It could also be a Coil Pack that doesn't deliver efficiently to the spark plug, that was another thing I identified during my last maintenence.

Good Luck man!

Yea Fad, its crazy lol... but wjat you listed are the things found through my research... so I'll call the dealer an d see what they say...

Wooluf1952 said:
What happens if you keep your foot on the brake an just increase the RPM's?

I havent tried that yet.. since its winter she doesnt see any road time, so I'll try today when I get off work.. if I can even replicate the problem just idling or putting the truck in gear in my garage.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Motor mounts are the fix ONLY for I6 engines. For any V8 I'd suspect plugs or coils more. Definitely a engine warranty issue.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
It's worthwhile to put your hands on the tires and see if there's some obvious vibrations. In my case I could literally see the tire shaking. I had weak tie rods

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i tried replicated the problem... and i just dont know if its my head just f***ing with me, or if there is a problem...

while sitting in park and letting her warm up, no vibrations what so ever... put her in gear to back her out of the garage, no vibration what so ever... turn on the HVAC, no vibration what so ever... Put her in drive and just hold the brake... slight vibration and would just phase or come and go... basicaly it felt like shes always felt, from the original motor, to this one...

so i dont know what to think now... :confused: i still think im going to take her back to the dealer just for ease of mind...

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i still think im going to take her back to the dealer just for ease of mind...

My dealer won't work on anything if there is no concrete evidence. If it's not happening in reverse then it's not ignition related. Could be the transmission mount though. Have them check the driveline.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online