Vertical Scope will be ruining another of my favorite boards soon...

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
fishsticks said:

Heh, it's interesting that they "hired" the previous owner to run the site. I guess they only take advantage of "some" of their site staff members. Either way, that site owner is probably in the same boat I was in when VS took over TrailVoy (promises, promises)... the reality will soon set in though :dunce:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
THIS SITE MAKES MONEY, AND IS PROFITABLE. IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED TO MAKE MONEY. I DIDN'T BAIL ON THE SITE, I AM ON THE VS PAYROLL AND WILL CONTINUE TO RUN IT. <<<---- Read this over and over, ok? That is the difference between my sites and others. JKO was profitable, you don't see shit for change over there. Get it?

hmmmm sounds familiar..

fishsticks

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Lance thinks that because his site has been profitable that VS "won't make any changes". Sigh.

On the other hand, given the culture over there, I give it 6 months before a full on revolt happens. There was talk of spinoff sites within 20 minutes of that thread starting... and it's already locked. :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I say we start a pool and buy out VS and do to them what they did to the online world... :biggrin:

I'll start. I think I got 6 bucks worth of change in the SS. That should about cover it, no? :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Will there be changes? I don't expect many, if at all. Their advertising structure will be nearly identical to what we currently have in place, so things should be virtually transparent to all users.

:hopeless: I stopped reading once I got to this point. Figured I knew how the rest was gonna go. Good luck to those folks... :sick:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Numbnutz said:
LMFAO....I went to read the thread.....and I see an add for cougarlife.com.......

:crackup: The ads have begun!!! Maybe I can find a sugar mama there to pay for feeding my mod bug? :undecided:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
WOW, I never would have guessed, especially with that culture.
Can't wait to see the sh!t storm when the pirates revolt.
VS was shocked with the whole creation of this site. Imagine what'll happen when guys that hunt people down for stealing shit takes offense to the destruction of "their" site. :popcorn:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
v7guy said:
Imagine what'll happen when guys that hunt people down for stealing shit takes offense to the destruction of "their" site. :popcorn:

Well... first you have to find someone to organize the revolt. Then that person has to gather a hand selected group of people to plan and implement the revolt. Then you have to wait until people are so pissed off that they are ready to go somewhere new. Then you swoop in and tell VS to kiss your ass. That is what SHOULD happen. With the pirates, mostly they will just bad mouth VS until they get banned. I feel for the site owner, I wish we had 5 minutes of his time before he signed the dotted line.:cool:

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:
Well... first you have to find someone to organize the revolt. Then that person has to gather a hand selected group of people to plan and implement the revolt. Then you have to wait until people are so pissed off that they are ready to go somewhere new. Then you swoop in and tell VS to kiss your ass. That is what SHOULD happen. With the pirates, mostly they will just bad mouth VS until they get banned. I feel for the site owner, I wish we had 5 minutes of his time before he signed the dotted line.:cool:

Doubt it would matter all he sees is $$$$ so he believes all their BS, I'm not saying I couldn't be brainwashed for a half million+ and a large salary to stay on and run things, but when they start changing stuff he's gonna be like "it's just little changes".

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
IslandRunner said:
Doubt it would matter all he sees is $$$$ so he believes all their BS, I'm not saying I couldn't be brainwashed for a half million+ and a large salary to stay on and run things, but when they start changing stuff he's gonna be like "it's just little changes".

They don't have enough money to buy me out.... Jimmy maybe, but not me!!:biggrin:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
After reading the whole 75 pages of the "Charlie Wentzel" ordeal, I'm in for $25 that says pirates will win!! I have the feeling they could make Anonymous look like the junior varsity if they get pissed enough.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Ghoster said:
...With the pirates, mostly they will just bad mouth VS until they get banned..
When 700 of the most active posters left TV and ended up here, basically Vertical Scope said sayonara. Their ad rates won't go down because they fake the "active members visiting the site" numbers. Fake as in: spam everybody with an inactive membership and see if they can pester them to revisit the site, then include that username as an active member visiting the site for a LOT longer than they actually visit the site.

The advertisers are just looking for numbers, and VS delivers numbers. Useless eyeballs if the ads aren't well-targeted, but that's the risk for all advertisers anyway. The Jaguar ad on the OS just before we left was particularly ludicrous.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Another one bites the dust.

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Wyle said:
After reading the whole 75 pages of the "Charlie Wentzel" ordeal, I'm in for $25 that says pirates will win!! I have the feeling they could make Anonymous look like the junior varsity if they get pissed enough.

Not convinced, they may revolt like on TV but Wentzel was a 19yr old punk who knew he was in the wrong, VS just bought the site so they can't be scared by threats cause it's legal to change your own site however you want to. It would be funny to see a bunch of pirates storming the VS headquarters though!

walterc4553

Dec 5, 2011
Well it sounds like Lance knew what he was getting into... Sounds like he managed offroad.com when VS caused problems on that site.

Oh and VS already broke their mobile app, have fixed it since. But stilll... it starts.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
the roadie said:
The Jaguar ad on the OS just before we left was particularly ludicrous.

You mean the same Jag ad that they were unaware that was being displayed? How can they claim they are involved if they don't even know what ads are being initiated by THEIR OWN PERSONNEL? Just more proof that Stew is full of shit.

And I like how they attempt to ban a member every time they attempt to talk about this site, either directly or indirectly. The more they ban, the harder we will work to get the message out. Stew, Drew, and Cayne are fighting a losing battle and they are alienating the members that they are supposedly trying help... the problem is that the shit is getting so deep that the boots aren't helping anymore.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Tarnished said:
Boots? I didn't even get my jelly donut! :hissyfit:

One minute their was jelly donuts, the next minute they were gone. I have no idea what happened!:lipsrsealed:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:
One minute their was jelly donuts, the next minute they were gone. I have no idea what happened!:lipsrsealed:

YOU ATE THEM!

:mad:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
Jman ate all the bacon. He probably got to the donuts too!:biggrin:

I heard you got a hold of all the donuts Ghoster.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Are you going to share the donuts or keep them for yourself?? I want the apple fritter if it is a good one!!:yes::yes:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
I seem to remember a quote by Lance, saying something to the effect of "Rest assured, this site is profitable, and there won't be any changes or over-commercialization"

Optima+Sponsor.jpg

Funny that a new "electrical" forum springs up, sponsored by Optima, the brand that has been bashed constantly on there about their newer "mexico" batteries sucking, and everybody saying that Odyssey is the way to go, etc... Wonder if there will be any *gasp* MODERATION starting?

I wonder if Lance actually believed VS, or if he just lied because he's on the payroll?

This thread is particularly funny: Best Off road battery! - Pirate4x4.Com

Mike

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Going through that thread, I found this. Just replace "DML" with "TrailVoy". Funny shit!

[video=youtube;FV7bSXSkOI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV7bSXSkOI8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher