Vent Fan and Air Leak Issues

bigfrank343

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I have a 2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4. I just got the vehicle back after loaning out to my sister for a year, substituting a company vehicle while she saved money to have her blazer repaired. When I got the vehicle back there were numerous problems which I have gotten all but 3 fixed.

The first issue is the interior vent only works on speeds 4 and 5. It will blow out from the dash, the floor or the defroster and when I listen I can hear the actuator moving appropriately. Speeds 1-3 do absolutely nothing. Could this be a related issue or something else altogether. So far I have disconnected the battery for 30min while doing other repairs and then reconnected the battery and let it sit on run without starting for a few minutes to allow it to recallibrate hoping this would solve the problem since the battery was replaced last year.

Additionally I have reports of a Large and Small air leak in the EVAP system. Based on some research I gather that the small leak is most likely due to a bad fuel cap and large leak is most likely related to a crack somewhere in the fuel tank or stem but am looking for someone to confirm or deny this information.

I am not a stellar mechanic so I hope this is a good basis, if more information is required just ask and I will get it ASAP.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Do you have the manual HVAC system? If you have a manual system replace the resistor pack.

Replace your fuel cap and then see what is left for the leak.

bigfrank343

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
djthumper said:
Do you have the manual HVAC system? If you have a manual system replace the resistor pack.

Replace your fuel cap and then see what is left for the leak.

Yes the HVAC is mabual. I've been non stop fixing for past 2 days planning on swapping out the fuel cap tomorrow with any luck I'm hoping that will fix both leaks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online