Valve Cover Gasket Job Cost?

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I have an 05 TB 4x4 and not enough time or good weather to do this job myself. What does it cost to do the valve cover gasket and intake manifold gaskets, since it has to come off anyways, on our trucks? Thanks for the replies.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I was in a similar situation with my wife's 06 Equinox. It had a common failure with it's heater blend door. No way can you get to it without pulling the entire dash and evacuating the AC. I called the guy up the road and told him my thoughts after I semi-tore into the dash. I asked the question to see what he might quote in terms of hours and shop rate. He said that he would pull it up in Alldata. That search came back with 8.5 hours plus the part and no AC fee as we used his services last summer. I was happy to agree to the 8.5 hours and suggested a non-GM part to buy. Just too ruff a job to complete....so I had to pay 'the guy'. Shame on GM for creating a such a nightmare in the first place. Know your rights and get quotes plus use your gut or wait for warmer weather and roll up your sleeves Good luck..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online