vacuum/dispenser pump & accessories

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I figured this would be best in off topic as it is more of a question about a "tool" I purchased recently. I just bought myself a Mighty Vac MV7201 plus vacuum & dispenser pump. I bought it mainly for use on my jet ski so I can easily drain the oil out through the dipstick tube as well as clean the vacuum pump out and then pump RV antifreeze into the engine and intercooler for the winter months. My question is that since this is such a versatile tool in that you can use it both to siphon as well as pump fluids and air, what would be the tools recommended for fluids on my envoy and other vehicles? They sell accessories that allow you to help get rid of air pockets in the power steering system by using a cone shaped plug that you insert into the top of the power steering reservoir as well as another accessory that allows you to draw brake fluid from the bleeder valves so you can do a brake flush job on your own without the need for someone to depress the brake.

Do you guys think that the tool for evacuating air from the power steering system will work on our platform? I know some others on the market recommend drawing the air with a tool that fits into the power steering reservoir. I will be getting the brake bleeder adapter to make things easier when I do brake jobs. Any insight on this would be totally appreciated!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The brake bleeder adapter would be great. When doing power steering changes, you can help escape worries of air entrapment by not completely emptying the reservoir all at once. You'd take some out (but still leave enough in where it wouldn't pull in air) and then put some fresh stuff in, then run the vehicle and turn the wheel a couple times, then vacuum more out (same procedure as last time) and then put more fresh stuff in. Really, this is kind of like doing the multi-stage transmission fluid changes to clear it all out if you don't want to do the cooler line disconnect trick. It wastes some good fluid and won't get all the old stuff out but refreshes a lot of it.

kickass audio

Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
That is exactly what I did this summer. I only did it once. I had sucked out the old PS fluid with a turkey baster and added new in. It went from being black to a slight brown now. Steering did improve a bit too. I just figured if I get that tool whether now or in the future that it would be better instead of wasting all the time and fluid to keep flushing it out a little at a time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online