Vacumm lines locations

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Your description of the "Broken Off" component is a bit ambiguous... so if possible, please Post an image or two of what you can see that we need to see as well. This Video shows the Evacuation-Re-Fill Procedures (Better to use the HF 2.5-3 CFM Vacuum Pump):

If the issue is 'Where to attach the Low Pressure Evacuation and Charging Line through the "BLUE" Manifold Gauge Hose-Connector?" ... This is an image of that locale. The Low Pressure Return Vapor (ONLY Fill...) Line is fitted into the upper rim of the HVAC Accumulator as an EZ2 Access Port for your Low Pressure (BLUE) A/C Manifold Gauge Hose Connector:

LOWPRESSURECHAREGPORT.jpg

The High Pressure Liquid Line (NEVER Fill...) runs from the HVAC Condenser near the Passenger side Radiator area and runs along the upper wheel well to the High Pressure Liquid Line IN Port Manifold leading into the A/C Evaporator. Attach your A/C High Pressure (RED) Manifold Gauge as shown in the Video and this Photo:

HIPRESSUREACLINE.jpg

This image of the Evaporator shows where the High and Low Lines enter and leave the Evaporator near the Upper Passenger Side Firewall:

eva010793.jpg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Which version of the truck do you have? EXT/XL or SWB? Can you take a pic of the line in question?

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I believe he's referring to this one. One end connects to the front of the intake manifold beneath the resonator, I couldn't see where the other end behind the receiver/drier connects to though.

20200318_173244.jpg

20200318_173254.jpg

Reactions: mrrsm

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Good catch. That 1 probably goes to the heater control valve which is accessible only by removing the coolant tank.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's what I was thinking when I asked if it was an EXT/XL for that vacuum line, which is only on LWB.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online