Using tech2win with mdi to pull codes?

Chasedw2

Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Florida
Just got a mdi clone and a subscription to tis2web. I have it working and I know I have communication between vehicle mdi and computer because I updated all my modules with latest firmware last night successfully. Now I am trying to use tech2win on my computer which emulates the tech 2 stand alone. I don't know what the process is to actually pull codes from vehicle . when I open tech2win on laptop. There is no f0 option to pull codes Please help. What am I doing wrong?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I hardly ever use the f buttons when using my Tech 2. Just using the up and down arrows and hitting Enter, you should be able to navigate to what you want to do.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The real hand held Tech 2 but the software is supposed to emulate it no?

Chasedw2

Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Florida
Yes it doescemulate it but it's a bit more complicated you have to get all the pieces talking to each other .thats the difficult part. The handheld I believe you just plug in and go.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I use Tec2Win. When I get a chance I’ll get it out and get some instructions for you. You don’t have to use any of the special buttons like @Mooseman said. You can click on the buttons with the mouse or use the arrow keys on your keyboard.

Chasedw2

Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Florida
I figured it out guys. Thx for your help. I had to put a bin file for my envoy and reran and all the stuff was there. No codes either.. Cool

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86