Using LS Droid with OBDLINK MX +

YUKON87

Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
Al
Thought I'd start a new post for tips, tricks, and recommendations reflashing an ECM/PCM using "LS Droid" with a "OBDLINK MX +". Does anybody have any recommendations on how I should proceed using this application on a P01 & P59 PCM as well as a Envoy/Trailblazer PCM? I am considering reflashing my 2005 Envoy SLE due to the buggy way that the viscous fan clutch operates and how it affects other operations. Also, would like any recommendations on what operating system i should use for the Envoy. As far as I know, it has the factory 2005 operating system. This could be helpful to anyone interested in reflashing. I realize this has been gone over before, however, not so easy to come across information bearing any user experiences. I am aware that other modules on the network cannot be talking when a reflash is performed. There may be commands to silence all other modules that can be shared here, to make this process easier. I am also aware you need a good battery, and if a charger is connected, needs to be a clean, filtered, quiet power supply, as to not allow too much noise on the network.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think the only one around here that has a lot of experience with flashing PCM s is @limequat

I think I have seen a YT video on this for LS engines however may be problematic with the early PCMs.

Reactions: YUKON87 and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
A Direct Link to the whole panoply of LS-DROID Informational Videos:

Last edited:
Reactions: YUKON87

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members