Using a meter to check heated mirror unit

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
My driver side mirror does not heat up like the passenger side. The passenger side was noticeably warmer. The two black wires are connected to the back side of the mirror and the mirror controls/memory work, although a little slow sometimes but always functioning. The connection in the door jamb is clean and looks fine. Question is when I unseat the DDM where exactly do I check for the heated mirror on the bottom of the connection? What would be the next step after this? I do have a meter but it is cold out and I have no garage for a few more weeks so I want this to be a quick check lol. The old site had very few followups to the problem. Couldn't get to the schematic that supposed to be there too of what to check for and where. Thanks!

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
I'm curious about this as well. I had a chance to test my heated mirrors for the first time 2 nights ago when we got our first snow. My drivers side mirror heated up great and removed the snow/ice pretty quickly. The passenger side did not work at all. I want to take a look at it to see what's wrong but I have no idea what I am looking for.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I can look in the shop manual tonight, but haven't you guys downloaded the manual package from here yet? Should be a schematic in there.

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Awesome, Thanks jimmyjam. No roadie, I never downloaded the '05 manual. It is downloading now as I type now. Never really required it's use before now :cool:

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
Manual found and saved, as well as that troubleshooting flowsheet. Thank you both.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online