Urgent - Can I connect battery with PCM removed

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
OK, I outsmarted myself (as usual).

Due to a big shelf in the garage I can't fully pull the Envoy in if I want to work under the hood. Disconnected battery and pulled PCM, now I can't shift out of park since I have no juice to unlock the safety on the shifter to push the Envoy all the way in and close the door.

Can I safely reconnect the battery with the PCM removed? Or will I really mess things up. Was hoping to avoid a crankshaft sensor relearn by sending my PCM in.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I hooked mine up with the pcm removed and didn't have any problems.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Mark20 said:
OK, I outsmarted myself (as usual).

Due to a big shelf in the garage I can't fully pull the Envoy in if I want to work under the hood. Disconnected battery and pulled PCM, now I can't shift out of park since I have no juice to unlock the safety on the shifter to push the Envoy all the way in and close the door.

Can I safely reconnect the battery with the PCM removed? Or will I really mess things up. Was hoping to avoid a crankshaft sensor relearn by sending my PCM in.

I am not for sure on hooking the battery up with out the pcm in but if you have a floor jack that rolls good lift the rear up to push it in

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
:thumbsup:

Thanks, all tucked way and PCM is in box by front door all ready to dropped off at the post office.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online