upgrading radio

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys im confused on what i want to do if i shouled get a single bin radio or a double bin radi. Growing up i had alot of pioneer radios is just about every vehicle . Im just not sure of what i want. What i am sure of is i want pandora radio, iphone hook up and maybe a usb hook up. If i went with a double bin i would want a dvd player, back up camera what do you think? Thanks chris

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
pioneer DD all the way then... i have the 4300 7" and has every option you just listed, and then some... i just think a single din looks goofy in all that space on the dash... DD fill it up nicely, just like the factory one..

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
c bausch said:
if i shouled get a single bin radio or a double bin radio

By all means, get a Double Din. Single Din radios don't look so good in that big dash.

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
Plus one on the double din, and plus one on the Pioneer. The biggest questions to ask are do you want bluetooth, and how picky are you about wires coming off the front of the unit? The Pioneer 4300/4400 would have the full size screen and rear connections that you could run into the console or glovebox. The lower models starting with the 1400 (not full screen, no bluetooth), 2400 (not full screen, adds bluetooth), and 3400 (not full screen, adds bluetooth and HD radio) are all also great but you would plugin to the front of the unit and depending on which model may or may not have bluetooth. From the 1400 to the 4400 install is pretty much the same but your talking a $150 - 200 difference depending on where you buy them.

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
Plus one on the double din, and plus one on the Pioneer. The biggest questions to ask are do you want bluetooth, and how picky are you about wires coming off the front of the unit? The Pioneer 4300/4400 would have the full size screen and rear connections that you could run into the console or glovebox. The lower models starting with the 1400 (not full screen, no bluetooth), 2400 (not full screen, adds bluetooth), and 3400 (not full screen, adds bluetooth and HD radio) are all also great but you would plugin to the front of the unit and depending on which model may or may not have bluetooth. From the 1400 to the 4400 install is pretty much the same and really simple if you let us prewire it but your talking a $150 - 200 difference depending on where you buy them.

rywegh

Jul 4, 2012
for the past three years I have been running the 8000BT from Pioneer in our TB. It is a DD also. Now with my son turning three I am thinking of upgrading to a DD Pioneer DVD player and putting in two headrest monitors to play his "mooties".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online