Update on my issue.

rywegh

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
For reminder. http://gmtnation.com/f23/ive-screwed-something-up-4093/

I have worked on it yesterday and still experiencing a misfire. I replaced the fuel filter that I just replaced with a new different brand filter. Looked to make sure I had connected to the right spigots. I did disconnect battery while doing this.

Cleaned throttle body again. There was no carbonation on it.
I went ahead and replaced the spark plugs with the AC Delco's 41-103's. Plugs that I took out did not look to bad. With all of the SES I was getting the scanner read a P0302. Misfire #2 cylinder. That spark plug was probably the worst looking of the bunch. The well for #3 looked like crap. I think I know why too. When I went to get the spark plug out it was not very tight. Thinking I did not tighten it when I replaced and was getting a lil blowback.

After I put it back together. I started it up. Wow ran a lot better. lot quieter lope was gone. While driving it around it started acting back up after it ran. Pulled a p0302 again. But this time the SES was not staying on or on with the occasional flash. It would flash once or twice and then go out. It always flashes under acceleration, let off and light would either go out or stay solid.

Today I had it in my garage and did the swap test on the coils like May03LT video suggests. With codes cleared it started up but ran rough. Have not got a code to pop up but I did not run truck long enough for it to light up. Wife had the car seat for my lil boy and could not get out on road without him in it. Have seat now and will run in the morning if it pops as p0304 than a bad coil and off to get another.

looks like I might need to replace e mounts also. looked a lil worse for wear. other things need to be done but I need it not misfiring first.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
rywegh said:
Have not got a code to pop up but I did not run truck long enough for it to light up. Wife had the car seat for my lil boy and could not get out on road without him in it. Have seat now and will run in the morning if it pops as p0304 than a bad coil and off to get another..

You're on the right track.:thumbsup: Hopefully it's just a crappy coil. Keep us posted.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online

No members online now.