Turn Signal On

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
I checked the archives but I don't see any posts related to my current issue. While driving down the road (05 Tahoe), the Info Panel will read "Turn Signal On". All indicators work properly, so I do not think it is a light issue. Tapping upward on the Signal Control Arm (right turn) will turn off the message. Tapping down (left) or even turning on Left signals will do nothing. Sometimes tapping to turn off the message will be a "permanent" fix, other times it just removes the message for about 5 minutes. And despite what message says, no signals are on. Could this be an issue with contacts in the control arm or something deeper?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Never heard of that one before. I wonder where the BCM gets its signal from? Maybe the flasher? Maybe try replacing that. It might be sending a phantom signal.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
What trim level is your Tahoe? I have an 05 Yukon and I don't thnk I've ever seen such a message.

Edit: read your 'about' info after posting. Is Z71 a higher level than SLT?

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
Z71 is the "off-road" package. Though mine is the 2wd variety, so more like "Off-Road Look-a-like". It does seem to be a higher end package though, full leather, heated seats, seat memory, Bose system (or used to) and an old DVD driven Sat/Nav.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm gonna have to try this on my trucks. The Saab is full trim and pretty sure it has it. The TB though is an LS but I now have a DIC. Can't remember if it did throw the chimes if I would leave the signal on (I never do so...). I do know that you have to be moving for a while before it throws the message.

Did a Google search and a couple came up with this issue with LED bulbs. Could also be a bad or poorly connected bulb or a ground issue.

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
Hmm... I will try reseating my LED signals. It doesn't make much sense to me if the bulbs are off, there should be no charge to trigger the message unless the diodes are holding a residual charge, but I'll give it a go. After all, turning a screwdriver is pretty cheap.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online