Tuning Questions

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
So I have my loaner computer installed, which has been tuned to what *my* computer is going to get tuned to. So I have a nice 'preview'. I love how much tighter it shifts, and how much faster it downshifts and takes off when you give it gas.

The only thing I don't like is that there's still throttle lag 'off the line'. There is less, but its still there:
- are there some other attributes in the computer that can tune this out?
- Is there potentially some other, unrelated, non-computer issue that could be causing it? It doesn't feel sticky or like it's hesitating, its just like the computer has to think about it for a second before it decides to open the throttle when you hit the gas
- Are these engines just inherently like this? And theres no reasonable way to get rid of it? This is my first V8, every other car and truck I've owned has been V6 (so many 4.3s!). So maybe is just is what it is?

Keep in mind i'm not "racing" this truck or anything. This is all through the context of normal every day driving. Except maybe a bit more aggressive than normal. But things like going when the light turns green, or gunning it to squeeze out between traffic, things like that. This is Massachusetts after all.

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
This is Massachusetts after all.
Well then,...you should have simply stated you wanted the "Massachusetts Tune",...I think it involves removing all the internals and installing a squirrel on crack,....lol,.. just joking, but I have seen the drivers in Mass and OMG!!

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, did you just ask Jeremy? Maybe it's not completely tuned.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Yes we've been discussing it, he's going to look in to it further and I figured I'd also post here and see if there are any other thoughts on the matter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online