Tuning question - Torque App - knock retard

bobdec

Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Has anyone been successful in displaying Knock Retard with the Android Torque App. It lets you select the Timing Retard display, but apparently the application PID is incorrect and it does not update. Was trying to create a custom PID on the app but I cant find the correct PID number for the 4.2L engine. Wanted to confirm that 87 octane is not causing retard.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
I am able to use the knock retard display but mine is an 03. I had to go to settings/managePIDS and select it. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Maybe someone else with more experience will chime in soon.

bobdec

Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
I have the free version for quite a while. Maybe I'll uninstall it and get the $4.95 version. I have added the GM PID's on manage PIDs screen. But I can go to settings from home screen, select manage PID's , I can see the two KR PID's, if I select either then hit edit and scroll to end of edit w/o changing anything, then hit 'test' I get a no response error message. Also when connected to PCM, When I add a gauge in scan mode , then scroll to KR selections (there are two) neither is green. If I could actually find the correct PID offset address used in the Envoy then I could manually add it to Torque. . Unfortunatly PID lists cost $$$. so there is not much free PID detail beyond the standard OBD2 SAE PIDs info floating around.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
The free version might be the problem. I have torque pro and have no issues reading the knock retard. I have read that the the free version has limited capabilities,its more like a sample. In the end its $5 and it does a heck of alot for that amount.:twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online