tune

borretje

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Just ordered my pcmforless tune today,after all the good things i've heard i ordered one ,I chose shift firmness 1 ,i hope that's ok because I live in the netherlands and returning will take a wile!
Does someone know?

Thanks John:smile:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
borretje said:
Just ordered my pcmforless tune today,after all the good things i've heard i ordered one ,I chose shift firmness 1 ,i hope that's ok because I live in the netherlands and returning will take a wile!
Does someone know?

Thanks John:smile:

I got shift firmness #2 and really didn't notice any difference until I did a trans fluid pan drop, filter change and changed to Decron VI fluid.

borretje

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
I've just done that,renewed all the fluids and brakes complete,new filters complete,and sparkplugs,so Iwould be good?

Greetings John

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Congratulations! Hoping to pull my PCM either Friday night or Saturday morning and ship it to them.

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
I got the firmness=1 on my tune, and I think its just about right. To me, it feels more like what the 'stock' settings should have been. I can drive it smoothly when I have my lady with me, but there is no hesitation in shifting when I have to get on it while merging onto the highway. Also of note - I was very frustrated with the shift points of the stock tune. It seemed to be all over the place, shifting when it made no sense at all, and generally driving me to manually shift unless I was creeping down the road. With the changes made by pcm4less, my transmission now shifts almost exactly in the same places I would manually shift. Acceleration is much smoother and has more power because the engine remains in its power-band longer. If I had to do it all over again, I would get the tune just for the transmission adjustments.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online