tune and tranny

borretje

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Have the tune for a few weeks now with shift firmness 2,and I was wondering since the pressure in the transmission is higher now,can it kill my tranny?

Thanks John:crazy:

BTW I love the tune!!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
borretje said:
Have the tune for a few weeks now with shift firmness 2,and I was wondering since the pressure in the transmission is higher now,can it kill my tranny?

Thanks John:crazy:

BTW I love the tune!!

You read my mind. I was just thinking about that on the way over. I just hate it when you hear that clink during shifting gears. Mainly when turning and give it some, goes into a lower gear.

I'm thinking of sending mine back in for a retune and while i'm at it maybe get the firmness unfirmed lol

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
fadyasha said:
You read my mind. I was just thinking about that on the way over. I just hate it when you hear that clink during shifting gears. Mainly when turning and give it some, goes into a lower gear.

I'm thinking of sending mine back in for a retune and while i'm at it maybe get the firmness unfirmed lol

I was on the highway yesturday, I was doing about 60. I Put it to the floor, The RPM's reved so high I left off right away, Because I was scared to let it shift into gear. If I did let it shift, That thing would have flew down the highway. The shift is great!:wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have level 2 and am debating on going to level 3. Anyone had both or anyone had a level 3 and thought it was too much? I dont think mine shifts hard at all, but not sure how big the jump is.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
marshall@pcm said:
Shift firmness is VERY subjective!

Can you explain?

If I order 2 and the OP ordered 2...would they be different firmnesses? If so, why would you even have 1-3 as options. Wouldnt it be better to just ask how firm the customer is looking for?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Can you explain?

If I order 2 and the OP ordered 2...would they be different firmnesses? If so, why would you even have 1-3 as options. Wouldnt it be better to just ask how firm the customer is looking for?

I believe he meant that how the firmness is perceived is what is subjective. Shift level 2 on one tranny would be the same as level 2 on any other--but driver 1 may subjectively feel it's too harsh while driver 2 feels it is too soft.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Understandable. Thats why I asked for people's experiences and feedback and qualified it with my thoughts of the level 2.

CookieMan12

May 11, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I have level 2 and am debating on going to level 3. Anyone had both or anyone had a level 3 and thought it was too much? I dont think mine shifts hard at all, but not sure how big the jump is.

I went with level 3 on my re-flash. There is a pretty big difference, but I like it better. I honestly didn't notice much change between stock and level 2, though.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Options, options. I am in the process of re-tuning. Have stock loaner in right now---HATE it. Shifts mushy and too soon. No torque. I'm thinking of upgrading to shift firmness 3 myself but can't decide :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online