Trying to put my new HU in! ughh!

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Ok guys, So I bought the GMOS-01 off ebay. On this harness is a smaller black plug that is suppose to plug into the onstar system. I cannot for the life of me find this plug in the dash? Where is it?

I also noticed that in my GM0S kit I only recieved the 12pin connector and not the 14 pin connector? Is this correct? I will have one side of the GM0S black box w/o the 14pin plug in it?

Thanks!

Forgot to add, I have Onstar and no BOSE...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Filter said:
Ok guys, So I bought the GMOS-01 off ebay. On this harness is a smaller black plug that is suppose to plug into the onstar system. I cannot for the life of me find this plug in the dash? Where is it?

IIRC, that plug is only for certain models. Ours don't have it. Mighty nice of them not to tell us.:crazy:

I also noticed that in my GM0S kit I only recieved the 12pin connector and not the 14 pin connector? Is this correct? I will have one side of the GM0S black box w/o the 14pin plug in it?.

From the looks of the manual, it has to have the 14pin. The switched 12v lead, illumination lead, and front speaker leads (along with some others) are in that connector.

Was it a used unit that you bought?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Filter said:

I also noticed that in my GM0S kit I only recieved the 12pin connector and not the 14 pin connector? Is this correct? I will have one side of the GM0S black box w/o the 14pin plug in it?

Thanks!

Forgot to add, I have Onstar and no BOSE...

I remember reading this on the old OS. The wire and the 12 pin GM harness are not used for a non-Bose aftermarket HU. You should have a 14 pin connector to your system. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If I am remembering correctly, the smaller plug is for steering wheel controls, and other inputs (XM, BlueFusion, ETC). So its not needed for a aftermarket unit as they would be unuseable.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
TollKeeper said:
If I am remembering correctly, the smaller plug is for steering wheel controls, and other inputs (XM, BlueFusion, ETC). So its not needed for a aftermarket unit as they would be unuseable.

Well that would suck if it was for the steering wheel controls cuz I gotta different part for that, but I highly doubt it. That's a different one all together which is the Axxess ASWC and not the GMOS. I may be wrong though lol:biggrin:

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
MAY03LT said:
IIRC, that plug is only for certain models. Ours don't have it. Mighty nice of them not to tell us.:crazy:

From the looks of the manual, it has to have the 14pin. The switched 12v lead, illumination lead, and front speaker leads (along with some others) are in that connector.

Was it a used unit that you bought?

Thanks, it was a open box item off ebay. $39.00 Tried to save a little money; instead I got ripped off.

I think I am going to just go to Walmart today and get the basic wiring harness. I really don't care if I have Chimes or OnStar. But I did want to keep "Rap". :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Filter said:
Thanks, it was a open box item off ebay. $39.00 Tried to save a little money; instead I got ripped off.

I think I am going to just go to Walmart today and get the basic wiring harness. I really don't care if I have Chimes or OnStar. But I did want to keep "Rap". :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:

Depending on how the auction was written you might be able to use paypal to get a refund. As for the cheap harness from wally world, you could wire the ignition to the constant and just manually turn off the HU. Im currently running mine, thinking of using the rain sensor with an add-a-fuse for my ignition.

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
It's all wired and works great with the Walmart harness. I just tapped into the pinkish wire under the steering colum. I'll get some pictures up later today or tomorrow.

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Here she is...... Everything seems to work great. I plan on adding Sirus to it in a month or so.

Attachments

• tbnav.jpg
    tbnav.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 7
  • tbnav2.jpg
    tbnav2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 6

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Very Nice Time for AMPS! lol :biggrin: Lots and lots of amps and rms

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I e-mailed them this morning. No reply yet.

willn513 said:
Time to change that bulb behind the passenger climate control (like that on mine too...):biggrin:

If it wasn't such a pain in the balls I would.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher