Trying some new rollers

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
They are actually pretty quiet for MT. Heard some mixed reviews but they fit the bill for now.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You happen to have run a similar looking rim in the past? Looks familiar...

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Not really. I have had a couple dozen sets but nothing real close to this i remember. I actually let the wife pick them and she loves the gunmetal color with the machined spokes. i was not sure til I saw them in person, but they work well.

I still have the Pit Bulls on order from back in November so these may or may not stay, but I get frisky when DTD offers sales :wink:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
you just keep on impressing me brother.... love the new setup...

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Moore

Sep 8, 2016
Oregon
Good looking vehicle. My experience with lug tires, great ones do not have much noise when new. The test is at 70% tread. They will be louder how much you will find out. I had several sets of the Toyo M55s they have about the heaviest max. load rating for the 10ply 16 wheels.. But at 70% they got loud at 50% even more. Went to Toyo MTs 5 sets now on 2 fords. They have less noise thru the wear cycle but still loud when time to replace.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Been running mud tires for a couple decades. Everything from Super Swampers to retreads to some of these newer siped MTs that seem to last forever in comparison to the older stuff. Any of these newer MT are pretty quiet all around compared to that beautiful howl of a half-tread Swamper.

Not a Toyo fan myself as they are on the heavier side, but many love them offroad.

Moore

Sep 8, 2016
Oregon
I agree they are heavy. I use them on a f350 and was carrying a 4400 side in camper and pulling a boat for awhile. I needed the 3740 lb rated tires. In Oregon I quit using 6ply or C rated tires years ago and buy Es or 10ply after too many side walls blew driving on the logging road rock beds. One Elk season I blew 3 tires during the week on a 1975 K10 with 6plys.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I can't even buy less than D in the sizes I use and most are E. If AI could fit smaller wheels than C would be an option I might actually explore for the tire flex offroad, but running 17s they just dont make light duty tires. These are E on the new set-up and have a really hefty sidewall.

Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online