Truck Shutting OFF

IHZ05VOY

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
So i just had my local dealer change the fuel gauge thing. They also replace part of the fuel line because some moron epoxy it to the tank. My only problem now is that the truck sometimes turns of. This happens mostly when im making turns. This has happen every time im driving in the parking. I have had luck of not having this issue while driving on the road. The steering wheel just locks and the truck turns of. By the way, I drive an 05 Envoy. Anyone know something in regards to this issue. I still have to take my truck back because the fuel gauge is not 100%. My mechanic said it might be electrical, but he said that most of the time if it is electrical you will not be able to turn the truck on, and i can. When this happens i put the truck in park, turn the ignition off, then back on. I really would like any feed back because today it happen 2 times in a row. Whats next the freeway:confused:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea it doesn't sound electrical to me. If it was 100% ok to drive when u had the sending unit done to it , then they prolly f***ed something up. I would tell them they need to figure something out. I had my sending unit done and everything is fine. Yea electrical....

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
IHZ05VOY said:
The steering wheel just locks and the truck turns of.
Your steering wheel probably feels like it's locking because the engine stopping means your power steering pump is also stopping. You might want to check your ignition switch as they tend to fail in these vehicles.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
IHZ05VOY said:
...When this happens i put the truck in park, turn the ignition off, then back on. ...
Usually implicates the ignition switch. :yes: They are known flaky parts of the design.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I will agree with the others about your ignition switch. This just happened to my neighbors 04 Trailblazer and that's what the diagnosis was. They changed the IS and all is working fine now.

Good luck!

IHZ05VOY

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Thank you all for the replies, now i have an idea of what the problem might be. :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online