Troubles with Torque Pro 1.10.120?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Any users of Torque Pro noticing PIDs not working after the recent update to 1.10.120?

I am seeing PIDs not working and it looks to be a header issue. PIDs that used to work with an Auto header now require a relearn of sorts. I monitored the commands Torque is sending and where it used to try variations of the command to get a response it is no longer doing so. At least at first. If I edited the PID and changed the header from "Auto" to the 3 byte form of the J1850 header it then worked. Afterwards, if I change the header back to Auto it then works as it used to work.

I am of the opinion that if we give it the correct header to begin with it would reduce overhead by eliminating the trial and error portion that continues to clog the airwaves even after the correct variation is learned.

Reactions: SkoobSnacks

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Looking further into this it appears that running Torque Scan will fix it up but it may take a long time for it to work it's way through all the PIDs. And it doesn't indicate progress other than PIDs turning green as they get resolved.

In the background where the user cannot see the TorqueScan feature is running through the PIDs in the list trying all manner of variations, trying a given PID on different modules throughout the truck!

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Still battling with the 1.10.120 release of Torque Pro. Headers appear to be the issue. I can get the built-in PIDs to work OR the GM mode 22 enhanced PIDs but not both.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Again the case of an update breaking something that was working. Maybe the solution would be to revert to the previous version?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I tried going back to a previous version and surprisingly witnessed the same behaviour.

I sent private feedback to the developer, I'm on the Beta tester program according to Google Play Store but I don't expect anything there. This App has arguably the worst documentation or history of developer communication. Surprising given the over 1 million downloads at what is it now, $5??

I have monitored the serial data bus with a second elm while using Torque and can see the issue. For some reason for our GM extended mode PIDs set to a header of Auto Torque is no longer using or trying the right 3 byte J1850 header which is "6C 10 F1" for any extended mode GM PID of the PCM. Instead it repeatedly tries the default header for 'Legislated Diagnostics' which is "68 6A F1". This will never work and only gets a rejection message from the PCM. If I set my extended mode PIDs to the proper header instead of Auto, then those work, but then all the built-in PIDs fail because the Torque decides to use that special GM mode 22 header for the built-in PIDs!!

Yesterday I entered extended mode PIDs for those built-in Torque PIDs that allow user substitution like the MAP, Engine RPM, Vehicle Speed and so on. But things like Fuel Trims don't allow for substitution. For those I had to enter custom PIDS.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online