Transmission trouble?

JackFenimore

Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
Missouri
Hey y’all! New to the forum!
I have an 06 Trailblazer LT 4.2i6
This past Friday on my way to work I was driving along when all of a sudden I lost 3 and 4 and then 1st and 3rd. I put in park and restarted it and 1st and 2nd shifted fine and then after that poof nothing. I did the same thing again by restarting it only this time no 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and no reverse. Sometimes you can start it up and 1st 2nd and reverse are okay. It’ll just rev if it dosent work. Any advice or has anyone else had this issue?

I’ve checked fluid and filter as they are less then two months old. Isn’t burnt and still looks new.

Not afraid to tear into it as I’m pretty mechanically inclined. Any advice or tips that might help are appreciated. Thank you in advanced!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What kind of mileage on it? Check all your fuses. Did you also scan for codes? Could be an electrical issue.

Reactions: JackFenimore

JackFenimore

Original poster
Apr 24, 2022
Missouri
Mooseman first of all. You are talked about highly amongst all forums. Glad to have your help.

Also not getting any codes minus This one. P0014 and an O2 sensor that’s been on it since the day we bought it. And the repeat (why it says 1/7 on the code reader.)

As for mileage has roughly 195,000
When I moved back home last year I was doing a lot of driving and took it in for its yearly check up and had the transmission looked at as I do once a year with all my cars and trucks. Checked out and they said it was the best transmission they’d seen for the miles and there were no issues.

I had a friend say his PCM went out and was doing roughly the same thing and also threw the P0014.

I can work on an engine all day but I don’t know anything about transmissions. So I don’t know if hes even correct in having a hunch on it being the pcm

Attachments

• B8FDFD47-76B9-4261-AC9C-152DBF7BE908.jpeg
    B8FDFD47-76B9-4261-AC9C-152DBF7BE908.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At that mileage, it certainly doesn't owe you anything. I'd drop the pan and check it for shrapnel. Another possibility is solenoids failing or the valve body bores getting worn. The plastic accumulators have a tendency of breaking and sending bits everywhere and jamming things up in other circuits. Just strange how it's not always the same gears that don't work, which is a clue it could be plastic bits.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online