Transmission question...

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So I have an 03 escalade. The truck has something to the effect of 260k miles on it and the trans has a sort of slipping feeling shifting through the gears. At first I thought the trans is shot but the fluid doesn't smell burnt and it has a nice red color for being in there 60k or so. Basically the 1-2-3-4 slips but if you go really easy it shifts fine and if you mash it it shifts fine. On top of that hammering the truck off the line launches it hard... like really hard, hard enough to the point I don't believe the main clutches are slipping either. Also the TCC lock up is very positive and firm and I have no hunting of any sort with that. I'm wondering if I just lack the proper line pressure for the accumulators.

So I am curious. Do you guys think if I just do the valve body with a shift kit, accumulator pistons and vette servo, that this could potentially help or am I just pissing in the wind here?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
When was the last time the fluid was changed? I know the color may look good but I would start there to make sure you aren't just pissing into the wind. I thought you bought a T2 so you could test these things.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
When was the last time the fluid was changed? I know the color may look good but I would start there to make sure you aren't just pissing into the wind. I thought you bought a T2 so you could test these things.
About 3 years and 60k or so ago...

And I did, I also did not think about that... last time I checked the slip counter or whatever for slipping while driving it didn't register any. May have to go get it back tonight from brian.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I'll play with the line pressure and stuff and see what I can get to happen and read some live data.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
12 shift is 1 second with -.6 error
23 shift is .55 with -.15 for error.
Trans slip counts are staying zero. Tcc slips 50 or so rpms going down the road.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Upon further driving the trans seemed to self heal. Now I'm really confused as this is the best its felt in years... I give up on these things

Reactions: Redbeard

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
I would still change the fluid. When you do, use Dex VI.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
It's got 6 in it and that was the plan anyway. All driveline fluids will be changed this month. Gotta figure out what the awd transfer case uses. On hard shifts when accelerating hard it does use a higher line pressure according to the tap tables so there is probably a small issue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online