Transmission line seal/gasket part number

Wahugg

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hello all. I was doing some regular maintenance and I noticed a light fluid residue coating the entire right hand side of the trucks internals, the spline disconnect, and tranny lines, plus it was all over the top of my OEM oil skid plate. I thought it was engine oil from a loose oil filter, but unfortunately it smelled like ATF, and was pink like ATF. :frown:

I remembered a story on the OS of a guys tranny lines rusting through and him having to replace the whole line which turned out to be a PIA. Well I did find out my lines had some rust on them where it seemed to be leaking, but fortunately it seemed to be the seal shown in the picture below that connect the longer ATF line to the angled ATF line that goes into the inter cooler.

2012-03-24_14-10-23_250.jpg

Any idea what the seal number is? And should the slight amount of rust be a concern?

Thanks!
-Wahugg

NickF

Mar 28, 2012
I had the same issue on mine. Ended up replacing both the inlet and outlet lines. The connectors comes as part of the entire piece of hose. Unfortunately this is a dealer only product so with the last 8 of your vin they can look up the diagram and get you the part/price. Mine started with some surface rust and eventually rusted through. It's worth replacing. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online