Transmission job #2

Uncleenvoy

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Ny
I think my daily driver 04 envoy got jealous seeing me rebuild the trailblazer transmission..it just crapped out on me..no gears work just revs away..i noticed it slipping about a week ago..driving steady and then rpms just jumps with no acceleration..hoping its something i can fix without pulling the trans..ill post more when i get it back to the house..luckily it broke down just a few blocks away..any pre removal diagnostics suggestions would be appreciated though

• Sad
Reactions: Redbeard

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Pull the pan and look for debris, clutch material, etc. If so, it has to come out.
Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be a clogged filter.

Uncleenvoy

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Ny
Im gonna remove the valve body..and inspect and change those parts first..the A & B solenoids the servo thing on the side etc..see if that does it..i would change them anyway if i have to take it out..so gonna see how that goes first..and if course check the filter

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is it me or have there been a lot of tranny failures with no gears in here lately? Seems to be a recurring theme.

MBS1994

May 26, 2019
Colorado
Is it me or have there been a lot of tranny failures with no gears in here lately? Seems to be a recurring theme.
I've seen a lot lately. Makes me scared because I have 215k on the dash and not sure if the trans is original. Also doing a shift kit soon because ambition>fear

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado

Long ago I had a mechanic friend who owned his own auto repair business. He said transmission failures happened most in the winter when folks would be trying to rock their vehicles out of the snow.

Reactions: Redbeard

Uncleenvoy

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Ny
I was using the 4 wheel drive a little last week with that snow we got..i was actually gonna post here about how glad i was that i did that front diff job earlier this year...wonk wonk..and only used it to get in and out of parking spots then switched back to 2wd..did use it to tow that mini though..maybe that killed it?

Attachments

• 20201208_103933.jpg
    20201208_103933.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 5

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
What happened on my wifes Tek about 6 months ago was the Torque Converter Imploded... Tranny was fine.. But I didnt know what all debris had made its way into the tranny.. So I just had the whole thing rebuild. Glad I did, the 4th gear sprag was questionable.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Burnt fluid would be a good indicator. Once you notice them slip, that's when it will need attention. The fact it went another couple weeks while slipping doesn't look good. Hopefully I'm wrong but see what the fluid looks and smells like.

Uncleenvoy

Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Ny
@JayArr lol..easy business..i can do this from memory..only problem is ive been so busy i havent even touched her yet..pulled it back to house with the work van but its just been sitting there..gotta go start her up to make sure the batt doesnt drain..im still working on the mini whenever i get time..when thats done ill start on her

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online