Transmission Flush

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Comment and question.

Comment: From everything I read on the wiki page Dex III is a great fluid and it is easy to get and very inexpensive. I am not towing anything. Im sticking with Dex III and if I decide that I need more cooling Ill add a cooler.

Question:

I recently did a 1/2 flush with Dex III (that means I didnt drop the pan and replace the filter yet) and in refilling the transmission I over filled it. I was careful but it just seemed like it was low and then 2 quarts later it was over by almost 1/2 an inch.

I have been monitoring the dip stick and taking a measurement every day. It is definitely 1/2 in over but I dont see any bubbles or foaming at all that would lead me to worry about it.

If you have lowered your transmission pan can you tell me how must space is between the proper fill line and the low components in the transmission ? I suspect that I have not filled it to where the fluid is up above the critical point.

I plan to replace the filter soon but I dont want to be rushed.

Based on the feel of my ride after the refill the Dex III that I got at walmart, seems to be a good product.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEXRON

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online