SOLVED! Transmission fails to shift

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
Wife calls as she arrived at work. When shifting to back into parking space, shifter will not go into Reverse, stops in Neutral. Pushed it into parking space (with help). Still in N, but key comes out. I don't know if it will shift into D.

Open for any guesses before I get over there later.
Hopefully a cable issue which I can free from under truck.

TIA
Update: small plastic bushing failed and shift linkage came apart. Zip tied it together to drive home. Picked up 14055 replacement part. Thanks for the quick advice!

Last edited:

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
They bad about the shifting cable connector breaking where it connects to transmission. Bring a couple of pull ties with you, I ran mine with 3 pull ties holding it for over a year 1 time.

Reactions: CajunWon

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
Hopefully just re-attach an easy to reach cable! I'll bring zip-ties.
Can I start it, block wheels, crawl under and hand shift into D, will it stay engaged for 5 miles?

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Here's a few videos to help you, at least get it home.

The first video has some "language" in it but, he gets right to the point and it's more than likely the issue your wife's vehicle is having.

The second video has second option to get it into/out of gear. I'm not sure if that button is on all years of the trailblazers or envoys. You may want to check Mooseman's service manuals. They're in his signature.

Reactions: CajunWon

BanditGTP

Jan 2, 2013
Central NJ
I was able to reach it with laying on some cardboard and reaching under by the driver's door. I was able to push it back in place and still drive it for a few days before I was able to replace it. If you do drive it home, make sure it's definitely in park before you get out. It really surprised me the first time it happened to me.

I have an 03 Envoy XL and ordered the part from Rockauto. I used the Dorman 14055. Worked nicely and haven't had any problem with it over the last 2 years.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online