Transmission Cooler Line Fittings different for 2002?

Andromeda

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Baton Rouge
Hi- I am replacing the transmission lines (no external cooler) as I spring a leak in a rusted section. For now I spliced in a piece of hose, but I just ordered the 4 metal lines. I'd like to replace the connectors on the transmission and radiator ends, however the parts for 2002 are listed strange. Does anyone know if I can use the newer part numbers on a 2002 model?

2002 part ($15.35)
GM GENUINE 52481097
*not even sure if this is for the radiator or the transmission side*

2004 & up parts:
Radiator side ($3.07)
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4671726&cc=1398719&jsn=11046
DORMAN 800619

Transmission side ($4.03)
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=61962&cc=1398719&jsn=11047&jsn=11047
DORMAN 800604

Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately there have been different versions used and there are no hard and fast rules as to which were used. And aftermarket radiators are a total crap shoot.

Have you tried getting part numbers from a site like GMPartsDirect? The ones for the tranny should be listed.

Why do you want to replace them? Unless you lose or damage the seal inside, it shouldn't need to be replaced.

Andromeda

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Baton Rouge
I figured since I was in there, I might as well change them since I have 230k miles, so the rubber may be deteriorated.

The GM Part #s for the 2004 & up show as not compatible on Gmparts direct:

I can only find the radiator side on GM Parts Direct, I cannot find the transmission side...

Maybe I will just try to re-use them...

Last edited:

Andromeda

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Baton Rouge
The part I am looking to confirm would be #9 in that diagram, which is unfortunately not listed in the part list below the picture.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
The part I am looking to confirm would be #9 in that diagram, which is unfortunately not listed in the part list below the picture.

Found it here as #95. Googled part number. Got this at Amazon...

Reactions: Mooseman

Andromeda

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Baton Rouge
Thanks for that, seems we've come full circle as that is the part I was hoping would fit, but is listed as incompatible for 2002 m/y on GMpartsDirect. I think they stock it at the local auto stores so I will probably dig into the project and then see if I want to replace it. My Father in law has a lift so I will head over there in week or 2 and attempt it. After doing the band-aid splice on the jackstands, I would rather use the lift.

Reactions: Matt

JayArr

Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
Whenever I'm faced with a situation like this I just order 2 of everything. After the job is done I return what I didn't use. I can usually get the job done and get the return accomplished within the same billing cycle of my credit card so there is no cost to me other than a bit of time to ship the unused parts back.

Compared to having to stop a repair job because the parts are wrong the amount of effort to return unused parts is minor. The other factor is how many minutes/hours you spend trying to figure out which parts are correct, that's wasted time as well.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online