transfer case neutral

johnanthonyhaltner

Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
cant get my 03 Trailblazer into neutral( transfer case) follow instructions- no neutral light comes on after holding selector know all the way to the right

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
To the best of my knowledge I don't believe there is a neutral light that shows. IIRC I don't believe the earlier 360s went into neutral... I am probably wrong though, I am not where I can verify the data at this time.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
It's a dim red light. All years operate the same. It takes longer than you might think for it to believe you really want neutral. Count a good ten seconds.

How many miles, and has the transfer case fluid been changed religiously every 50k?

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
It does take quite some time. You aren't by chance trying to go from a4wd or 4hi to N? I did some dumb crap to mine before by engaging it into gear with the truck running. It ground the gear for a second but stopped engaging and left it in N until I shut it off. No damage though so I got lucky for my stupidity. I get mine into N by having the truck on but not running, leave it in park and the 4wd selector to 2hi then go all the way to the right past 4lo and hold it for quite awhile. I usually get to count to 15 before it goes into N for the transfer case. Then to make sure the parking pawl is not engaged, I shift it from park to N on the shifter and then back to park and it is freewheeling without any engagement.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online