Trans Fluid on back wheel

PDDavis1970

Original poster
Jul 7, 2018
Has anyone experienced Trans fluid spraying on driver's side rear wheel?

My wife has a 2006 Envoy with 4.2L I6. I found puddle in garage just in front of rear tire on driver's side. Thinking brake fluid, I pulled wheel off and found red fluid had sprayed on fender well and undercarriage at some point. I am not seeing any leaking but vehicle is not running.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The only fluids around there are brake fluid and fuel. Brake fluid is normally not red, even when dirty.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I pulled wheel off and found red fluid had sprayed on fender well and undercarriage at some point. I am not seeing any leaking but vehicle is not running.
If you're positive it's ATF on that side, maybe it is coming out of the vent hose? The vent hose is directed to the driver's side. Don't ask me how I found that out without even looking.

Also, when one of my lines ruptured near the strut tower, it soaked the entire undercarriage with ATF. You might want to verify that is not the case either. That was not a fun job.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If we had an award for most surprising and improbable cause for an issue, I would nominate you sir. :tiphat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online