Trans cooler line fitting question

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
HI, So to make long story short, I replaced the trans cooler lines with braided hose. When I installed the fittings on the radiator I noticed that the inside threaded part that the fitting goes into had pushed into the radiator. Both of them did this.
It's hard to explain but the original fittings had a large outer ring like a flat washer attached, so that would press up against the rad and thus pull out the inner threaded fitting and when tightened and nothing leaked. It's as if the trans cooler inside the rad is loose inside of the radiator. In order to achieve the same seal as the original fittings, I had to use a big washer on the new fitting, which accomplished the same thing as the original one.

I hope I explained that well enough.

My questions are has anyone seen this before and if it's not leaking, do you think it will be ok? Thank You for your help!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I wanna say, somebody posted the exact same thing a couple months ago. Tightening the connections to the tranny cooler fittings kept it snug and there were no leaks afterwards.

Reactions: jmonica

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
I wanna say, somebody posted the exact same thing a couple months ago. Tightening the connections to the tranny cooler fittings kept it snug and there were no leaks afterwards.
Ok Thank You. When I discovered it, I felt like it was something that wasn't going to be a problem so I wasn't too concerned, but wanted to check with people who know what they are doing with these vehicles such as yourself. I appreciate you sharing your expertise. I did do a search before posting but honestly I didn't search as long as I could have and obviously it was not a good enough, so i will look for it again now that I know it's out there. Thank You again!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ok Thank You. When I discovered it, I felt like it was something that wasn't going to be a problem so I wasn't too concerned, but wanted to check with people who know what they are doing with these vehicles such as yourself. I appreciate you sharing your expertise. I did do a search before posting but honestly I didn't search as long as I could have and obviously it was not a good enough, so i will look for it again now that I know it's out there. Thank You again!

Similar issue was from this thread, note @Mooseman's response a few posts down confirming your result. :book:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online