tranny line fittings in radiator

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
So I am about to put a new radiator in and I noticed the tranny line fittings are too big. Unscrewed the old fittings from old radiator and the new fitting insert that you thread the fitting onto radiator is MUCH bigger than the old fittings. Am I screwed?

Attachments

• 20131019_151122.jpg
    20131019_151122.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 7

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Went and bought a napa radiator for $213 after tax. Fittings should work. No more ebay for critical parts.

moneypit

Dec 7, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Went and bought a napa radiator for $213 after tax. Fittings should work. No more ebay for critical parts.
That was quick thinking!:thumbsup: either return or put on craigslist?:undecided:

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
When I was able to get a hold of the seller he seemed really helpful from a service standpoint. Hopefully the return will go smoothly. I won't sell it on craigslist knowing that it won't fit properly. Kinda want to toss it in the bonfire in back :explode:

moneypit

Dec 7, 2011
check with the dealer and/or a radiator shop, they may very well have the adapter fitting for it if return doesnt work out. Then you can sell it..it must fit something?

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
moneypit said:
check with the dealer and/or a radiator shop, they may very well have the adapter fitting for it if return doesn't work out. Then you can sell it..it must fit something?

Good idea. I will call the seller on Monday, only 9-4 m-f. He seemed eager to help when I called about change of address for shipping. I'm returning it in the napa box. It'll ship better.

Unless someone here wants it. :rotfl:

eXplicit

May 20, 2013
I'm a little late to this, but I had the same problem with a radiator I purchased from eBay as well. It was supposed to come with the fittings, but apparently every single one they were selling didn't have them. They're manufactured in Japan or something, so getting a replacement or the right fittings was next to impossible. Turned out to be that the fittings were an older style fitting that was for other Chevy models. Found that these were the correct ones: Amazon.com: ACDelco 52481097 Automatic Transmission Fluid Cooler Pipe Connector Assembly: Automotive

Took forever to find them, but the local dealer helped me track down the part number. Anyways, hope this helps someone...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online