FEEDBACK Trailvoy Shenanigans!

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
I'm sure many of you are already aware, but I just PM'd a guy on trailvoy and was trying to let him know about this site. When he responded to my PM, it had replaced my text "gmtnation.com" with "trailvoy.com! Those slippery lil bast***s!

:raspberry:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Its cuz they have it set whenever u put gmtnation.com it'll automatically change it to trailvoy.com. try g m t n a t I o n . C o m

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
They did that in the first week after the jailbreak. They also read PMs. Prepare to lose the account, so get out a hundred more PMs tonight before Toronto wakes up in the morning. :thumbsup:

Their revenue stream is soooooooo threatened by our existence.....:crazy:

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
jrSS said:
Its cuz they have it set whenever u put gmtnation.com it'll automatically change it to trailvoy.com. try g m t n a t I o n . C o m

yep. and i did that...

the roadie said:
They did that in the first week after the jailbreak. They also read PMs. Prepare to lose the account, so get out a hundred more PMs tonight before Toronto wakes up in the morning. :thumbsup:

Their revenue stream is soooooooo threatened by our existence.....:crazy:

And yeah, i kinda somewhat expect that. And it is indeed crazy, they've got to be losing more and more members that way. Don't mind too much seeing as there's not much response for help, but it might kinda suck losing access to all the knowledge on there that everybody here posted. Oh well, cest la vie...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
BINGA said:
...And it is indeed crazy, they've got to be losing more and more members that way. ......
I have no fear they will shut the site down just because it's a ghost town. They care NOTHING for active members. They need the million post archives and the >100K membership numbers merely to aggregate for their advertisers.

It's all about the ads, not the community.

If anybody there cared a WHIT for the noobs who locate them via Google, they'd point them over here.

That includes fence sitters who continue to post in both places. Take a stand, willya?

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Wow, they are still doing that... huh?

What happened to that schmuck promising that it would only last a short time while tensions calmed. I bet they are losing tons of revenue now that momentum has picked up.

Hmmm, I wonder where their tent will be at Carlisle... :rotfl:

View attachment 21543

Attachments

• shenanigans.jpg
    shenanigans.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 119

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
Jman423 said:

What happened to that schmuck promising that it would only last a short time while tensions calmed. I bet they are losing tons of revenue now that momentum has picked up.

View attachment 7679

:rotfl: :rotfl: :crackup: :crackup: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't think they're losing revenue, because that's proportional to the number of members. Eight year old inactive membership numbers count as much as active membership numbers from today. To their idiot advertising base. Poor deluded advertisers think there's a lot of eyeballs still seeing their ads.

The RATE of membership increase also hasn't slowed down because dozens of noobs discover the site per week, post once, get no answer, and wander off. But their membership increases the trailvoy statistics, and THAT'S what Vertical Scope touts to its advertisers. Pure numbers. Meaningless numbers.

Disgruntled noobs who wander off unsatisfied are a shameful legacy to inflict on the owner base, but Vertical Scope doesn't care.

They would NEVER divert a dollar to sponsor a presence at Carlisle, as you know. :wink:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
the roadie said:
I don't think they're losing revenue, because that's proportional to the number of members. Eight year old inactive membership numbers count as much as active membership numbers from today. To their idiot advertising base. Poor deluded advertisers think there's a lot of eyeballs still seeing their ads.

The RATE of membership increase also hasn't slowed down because dozens of noobs discover the site per week, post once, get no answer, and wander off. But their membership increases the trailvoy statistics, and THAT'S what Vertical Scope touts to its advertisers. Pure numbers. Meaningless numbers.

Disgruntled noobs who wander off unsatisfied are a shameful legacy to inflict on the owner base, but Vertical Scope doesn't care.

They would NEVER divert a dollar to sponsor a presence at Carlisle, as you know. :wink:

Which puts a bad name to our trucks to me...when you find a forum you want a warm welcome and hope to get answers for questions.

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
the roadie said:
I have no fear they will shut the site down just because it's a ghost town. They care NOTHING for active members. They need the million post archives and the >100K membership numbers merely to aggregate for their advertisers.

It's all about the ads, not the community.

If anybody there cared a WHIT for the noobs who locate them via Google, they'd point them over here.

That includes fence sitters who continue to post in both places. Take a stand, willya?

Basically EXACTLY what I said in my new member intro...

I joined trailvoy because google pointed me there. Just looking for a community to share experiences... never once did I EVER see this site mentioned, discussed etc.

I finally came across this site in another google search during a more specific search on the envoy.

Now looking back, everything is starting to make sense... :undecided:

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
BINGA said:
I'm sure many of you are already aware, but I just PM'd a guy on trailvoy and was trying to let him know about this site. When he responded to my PM, it had replaced my text "gmtnation.com" with "trailvoy.com! Those slippery lil bast***s!

:raspberry:

I just tried searching trailvoy for "GMTnation", nothing comes up. Period.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
drkhead said:
I just tried searching trailvoy for "GMTnation", nothing comes up. Period.

Careful, you might get banned for doing that...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Would be sad if they banned him for daring to search for that term. But then, VS hates us so much it wouldn't surprise me either :hopeless:

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
lol @ the replies.

I should've clarified that using the TV internal search option, I was returned "no results" for the tag.

Now that I try it again, I see the same three listed in the tapatalk reply. DAMMIT, you're right, OK?!

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
drkhead said:
lol @ the replies.

I should've clarified that using the TV internal search option, I was returned "no results" for the tag.

Now that I try it again, I see the same three listed in the tapatalk reply. DAMMIT, you're right, OK?!

If it ended up being zero, I would have posted that instead. It surprised me that they didn't get impacted by the filter....

Some of those Google results though..... Interesting.....

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
How about someone make a instructional video about something or other... In this video we revive the lost art of the subliminal message... Hmm?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
McGMT said:
In this video we revive the lost art of the subliminal message... Hmm?

You are a crayon...

I am a crayon. :biggrin:

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012

BaDAppLe

Jun 28, 2012
I was new to TV site a few months ago myself , but it's a Ghost town now! I found out about the Nation from someones post about it on TV. This is my first post here ,and it looks like I will like it here just fine. :smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome!

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
BaDAppLe said:
I was new to TV site a few months ago myself , but it's a Ghost town now! I found out about the Nation from someones post about it on TV. This is my first post here ,and it looks like I will like it here just fine. :smile:

It's starkly apparent to me that this community is incredibly better than the previous. I felt like I was one of the most frequent posters over there.... here, I am nothing!:crazy:

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
Jman423 said:

View attachment 7679

Had to make sure someone was representing the stooooooper stroopers:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
drkhead said:
It's starkly apparent to me that this community is incredibly better than the previous.
Well, the people here WERE the community back there. But you know that. :wink:

We all enjoy answering questions - we also enjoy a little hilarity along with the volunteer "work". That's all we ask. Stick around and stay engaged. It's no fun to have a "community" where noobs just come in, ask one question, then go away until they have the next thing fail in a year. Nobody enjoys being treated like a carnival fortune-telling robot. :rotfl:

zoltar.jpg

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
BaDAppLe said:

Welcome aboard! Nice to see someone else from Western NY :thumbsup:

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
the roadie said:
Well, the people here WERE the community back there. But you know that. :wink:

We all enjoy answering questions - we also enjoy a little hilarity along with the volunteer "work". That's all we ask. Stick around and stay engaged. It's no fun to have a "community" where noobs just come in, ask one question, then go away until they have the next thing fail in a year. Nobody enjoys being treated like a carnival fortune-telling robot. :rotfl:

zoltar.jpg

Anyone else instantly think of the movie "Big" when roadie posted that pic? :raspberry:

BINGA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
BaDAppLe said:

Welcome! As you can see, I was late to come over as well...it took me literally speaking to another member on the phone to get clued-in. I mean, seriously TV, you can't even mention another site's name on your forum??? Yes, i suppose in some way GMTN is "competition" to them, but changing/altering members' own words is ridiculous if not petty. Hence the "shenanigans". Once I started posting here, I quickly got all the educated, helpful advice from the familiar "faces" that are now absent (i.e. banned) from the OS. As you can clearly see less than a month here, and already up to 100+ posts...That's because there's actually some back and forth over here on this site :grouphug: :thumbsup:

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
BINGA said:
Welcome! As you can see, I was late to come over as well...it took me literally speaking to another member on the phone to get clued-in. I mean, seriously TV, you can't even mention another site's name on your forum??? Yes, i suppose in some way GMTN is "competition" to them, but changing/altering members' own words is ridiculous if not petty. Hence the "shenanigans". Once I started posting here, I quickly got all the educated, helpful advice from the familiar "faces" that are now absent (i.e. banned) from the OS. As you can clearly see less than a month here, and already up to 100+ posts...That's because there's actually some back and forth over here on this site :grouphug: :thumbsup:

I'm with ya man. Although I don't have the post count that you do, the difference in community is starkly apparent.

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
BINGA said:
Anyone else instantly think of the movie "Big" when roadie posted that pic? :raspberry:

EXACTLY my thought... It's ZOLTAR!

BINGA said:

Lately, with some newer members acting like complete jackasses (all the while claiming to be regulars on the site), I've been thinking about experimenting to see how long it might take me to get banned with my own shenanigans...

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Just say;
.......Theres no place like Roadie...3 times & click your heels & POOF!..:lipsrsealed:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
drkhead said:
Lately, with some newer members acting like complete jackasses (all the while claiming to be regulars on the site), I've been thinking about experimenting to see how long it might take me to get banned with my own shenanigans...

I would just leave them be, I wouldn't stoop to their level.

The only time I go over there any more is if I can't find some info here or offroadtb or to check their classifieds.
Every once in awhile when I have read all my normal boards I might go over there and read through a few threads and PM the author if he doesn't get any responses and let them know where to get answers.

steven76

Mar 24, 2012
drkhead said:
I felt like I was one of the most frequent posters over there.... here, I am nothing!:crazy:

Yes...I was so happy once I finally made it to 100 posts. I am moving up much slower over on this site.

Anybody ever notice how many questions go unanswered over there, or how many questions are answered with guesses...

That site truly does suck now! :lipsrsealed:

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
neelskit said:
The Evaporator Core Drain is most likely plugged up. Very easy and free fix- visit G M T N a t i o n . c o m.

Just came across this quote over on trailvoy....

I love it. "Very easy to fix - just go talk to the guys who know what they're talking about!"

Nice job avoiding the censor neelskit. Are you campaigning for GMT again? :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

navigator said:
I would just leave them be, I wouldn't stoop to their level.

The only time I go over there any more is if I can't find some info here or offroadtb or to check their classifieds.
Every once in awhile when I have read all my normal boards I might go over there and read through a few threads and PM the author if he doesn't get any responses and let them know where to get answers.

I could never do it.... Since you guys have all been banned, I actually feel minimally responsible now to help the poor souls that join the site and ask questions.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
I would answer you if I knew anything about this. I know there's people on here that have done it though.

Oh yeah, that's helpful...... /sarcasm

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
BINGA said:
...changing/altering members' own words is ridiculous if not petty.

Don't forget changing members screen names in a way that insults them.

drkhead said:

The challenge is to see how much you can do without getting banned!:biggrin:

steven76 said:
Anybody ever notice how many questions go unanswered over there, or how many questions are answered with guesses...

All the time. So do others, I'm sure.:biggrin:

drkhead said:
I could never do it.... Since you guys have all been banned, I actually feel minimally responsible now to help the poor souls that join the site and ask questions.

That's what VS banked on when they bought the site. VS counted on the enthusiast community to do the actual "work" (helping folks, for free) and they simply make money without giving a f***ing thing back to the community. The admins over there don't know shit about these trucks, they would probably jump start one off of the mega fuse stud. The copy/paste technicians (and google technicians, too) over there don't know shit outside the common faults. If you go back over the past few months and compare "unique" questions that were posted on both sites, you'll see that the community here is KILLING them in the quality of help.

We've questioned the motives of those who choose to continue to contribute over there, and to be honest I don't care why anymore. I know that when they do post here for help, which they have, they don't get a reply from me. It's my way of saying "F*** you, traitor" without actually saying anything.:cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online