Trailvoy (Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Jman423 said:
And would you not agree that we are well on the way to that goal? The only thing we don't have (yet) is 6-7 years of posts by experienced members. We have the experienced members, and we can't rush time.

I 100% we are heading in that direction and you are also correct that we have the members. We can't rush time, but we sure have a lot of it. :thumbsup:

My point is I wouldn't want new members joining and thinking we are a bunch of haters. I would want them to think that we support and help each other out. Which is what we do. Correct? :thumbsup:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
We don't want anymore erroneously filed DMCA Takedown Notices from the geniuses in the Information Technology Office at VerticalScope (that story is coming later).

I wait with bated breath to hear the story behind this. :biggrin:

My TV content was always in the form of posts/threads, which from the way I read their TOS, I never gave rights to them for. If you need letters from me for anything I've already posted, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
Well, I was the one that used to compose the articles that were submitted on TrailVoy. It was a lot of work to keep them uniform and clean before they were posted to the public. When VS took over and the shit began, I decided it was no longer worth it to contribute hours and hours of my time so they can make a profit, and I stopped processing articles. While it was counter-productive for the community, I was so fed up that it just didn't matter at that point.

All of my articles have been moved over here, and other members have also submitted their articles to help us get a start. If you have an article on TrailVoy, or not, and you want to post it here, please contact me to find out what information requirements we have (just basic info). Also, if your article is posted on TrailVoy, we will need an email from you authorizing us to display the article, and stating that you are the owner/author of the content.

We don't want anymore erroneously filed DMCA Takedown Notices from the geniuses in the Information Technology Office at VerticalScope (that story is coming later).

Do you have a template for the articles? The only thing I could contribute is my post on how to install tow hooks, and I could turn that in to an article

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Me007gold said:
Do you have a template for the articles? The only thing I could contribute is my post on how to install tow hooks, and I could turn that in to an article

I will make this information easily accessible soon, but it is pretty simple:

The top lines should be:

Summary: {Article Summary}

Difficulty: {Easy, Moderate, Difficult}
Estimated Time: {Typical Project Length}
Part Numbers: {Common Part Numbers & Costs}

After that, it would be a simple layout:

1. {Step 1 Instructions/Comments}
{Step 1 Picture}

...and so on.

Nothing special.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
It has been said that I indeed DID have FTP access to TrailVoy AFTER VerticalScope took over. This is completely untrue. I had a few conference calls with the staff at VS about this very topic and I was told that I would be granted FTP access, but it never happened. If I did have access to FTP, I could have done many of the things that we were begging VS to do, including the activation of Tapatalk. TrailVoy was registered to MY Tapatalk account, by me after I finished helping Quoord Systems beta test the pre-release versions. Why would I remove it? That is what I used to access the site!

Also, from what I have been shown, that response about my FTP access has absolutely NOTHING to do with the comment made. FTP has nothing to do with Chapter Pills or, in most cases, Articles.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
500 members inside of 2 weeks is something to be proud of. Let them try what they will over there, this place will thrive and grow to be a second home for a lot of gm truck enthusiasts.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
500 members inside of 2 weeks is something to be proud of. Let them try what they will over there, this place will thrive and grow to be a second home for a lot of gm truck enthusiasts.

Well said. :thumbsup:

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Ghoster said:
:rotfl:

I just put it up a few hours ago. Its far from complete, but our intention is to have it listed in the new members e-mail for reference. All the more seasoned members will be able to direct newbs there instead of just yelling at them to SEEAAARRRCCCHHHH!:cool:

Is this directed at Roadie?:rotfl:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Ok folks we all know that they are full of it on the OS. Can we get over it? I sure think all of us that are hear are grown enough to. Can we focus on making this site even better than it already is hell yes. We have the people and the tools in our great moderators. Just my opinion here. So let's stop the bickering.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I have a feeling that last one won't last long so let me immortalize it here:

Capture2.jpg

Jimmy... if you're ever in Washington look me up. There's a beer waiting.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Jimmy was a little harsh on harmless if you ask me.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:

Yea, kinda directed part of the hate towards the wrong person, everything else had me cracking up.

Screw tv, forum battles ftw!

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:

Talk about left field... :eek:

Blckshdw said:
Those 2 tend to butt heads from time to time.

I don't ever recall getting into it with Jimmy... I could be wrong. :redface:

07 TB RIDER said:
Yea, kinda directed part of the hate towards the wrong person, everything else had me cracking up.

I'm not gonna hold a grudge. Jimmy's obviously wound up about things. Though, I didn't appreciate what was said, I do agree that it's now time to move on - unless I've been tapped to walk the plank here too? :frown:

Truth's out, VS is definately wearing it now and it's there for everyone to see.

My work there is complete.

"Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!" The Crow. 1994

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
07Blazerman said:
Is this directed at Roadie?:rotfl:
Ghoster thrusts in my general direction often. :raspberry:

But seriously, as the OS grew and the amount of chatter and follow-on questions in a formerly useful thread grew without bound, searching was easy. Finding answers in the clutter became impossible.

The intended structure here will consolidate the answers we all KNOW by now will work, useful troubleshooting flowcharts, and a new gentler Roadie. :wink:

The other HUGE advantage we have today over six years ago is a more accurate sense of the failure statistics. If six things could cause a particular symptom, I used to recommend that all six get looked at. Now, in many cases, I can say with some experience, that well over half the members with that problem were fixed by changing item #1, 20% need item #2, and almost nobody ever changes item #6 except crooked dealers trying to make an extra buck off the gullible.

We also have intentions to moderate the tech threads more closely for hijacking and OT conversations, to keep them useful. Hold our feet to the fire on this, would you?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Ghoster thrusts in my general direction often. :raspberry:

But seriously, as the OS grew and the amount of chatter and follow-on questions in a formerly useful thread grew without bound, searching was easy. Finding answers in the clutter became impossible.

The intended structure here will consolidate the answers we all KNOW by now will work, useful troubleshooting flowcharts, and a new gentler Roadie. :wink:

The other HUGE advantage we have today over six years ago is a more accurate sense of the failure statistics. If six things could cause a particular symptom, I used to recommend that all six get looked at. Now, in many cases, I can say with some experience, that well over half the members with that problem were fixed by changing item #1, 20% need item #2, and almost nobody ever changes item #6 except crooked dealers trying to make an extra buck off the gullible.

We also have intentions to moderate the tech threads more closely for hijacking and OT conversations, to keep them useful. Hold our feet to the fire on this, would you?

So I can't use LMGTFY? :rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:

I'm bad about this as I go off-topic easily :redface:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I.think I just got banned from tv. Could someone look up my profile over there?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You still show up.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
I'm bad about this as I go off-topic easily :redface:

:rotfl: I think I will be the Roadies biggest challenge!! He is convinced I can take a thread off topic in 2 syllables or less..... I think less.:biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
:rotfl: I think I will be the Roadies biggest challenge!! He is convinced I can take a thread off topic in 2 syllables or less..... I think less.:biggrin:

That's skill :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I blame ADD. What's your excuse :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
07 TB RIDER said:
I LOVE that site. But a LOT of its utility is showing the noobs how to craft a useful search phrase. And to demonstrate the use of search modifiers to get a better listing. So many folks ignore the REAL power of Googling and act as if they're poor victims instead of taking charge of their own search success and demanding better answers out of Google.

There's another item for the FAQ - how to use search effectively. Oh, Ghoster!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
There's another item for the FAQ - how to contact the roadie when you cant find the Anwser to a question. Oh, Ghoster!

Fixed! :biggrin: :rotfl:

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I've noticed Ghoster has been banned here as well, and we still can't get rid of him... I mean come on, what's it take to get results around this place?!? :poke:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ghoster said:
:rotfl:

I just put it up a few hours ago. Its far from complete, but our intention is to have it listed in the new members e-mail for reference. All the more seasoned members will be able to direct newbs there instead of just yelling at them to SEEAAARRRCCCHHHH!:cool:

Should RTFM, be included in the dictionary? :biggrin:

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
Why the hell are we starting to in-fight over there, and in some instances over here? ? Doesn't make any sense. All of us here are on the same team.

Yeah.. the mushroom cloud is coming.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:

OK, I had to look that one up. Friggin' HILARIOUS. :2thumbsup:
God I hope that's not blocked at work.

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
Tarnished said:
Why the hell are we starting to in-fight over there, and in some instances over here? ? Doesn't make any sense. All of us here are on the same team.

Yeah.. the mushroom cloud is coming.

Very true, we are on the same team. However, when the payment on the site is referred to as the only support that can be given, I'll take exception to that. The expletive was uncalled for, I'll admit. To SSE1990---Since nobody is over there and everyone is here, I'll send out a formal apology to you. Just got caught up. :diggrave:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
gotspeed1 said:
Very true, we are on the same team. However, when the payment on the site is referred to as the only support that can be given, I'll take exception to that. The expletive was uncalled for, I'll admit. To SSE1990---Since nobody is over there and everyone is here, I'll send out a formal apology to you. Just got caught up. :diggrave:

I saw your post over there as well as Mike's.. and I was like "hey wait a minute, they're on the GMTN as well, so wth is going on"...

That thread is getting carried away and its not accomplishing anything.. so let's just stick together here, and make this site the best it can be :thumbsup:

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Support here comes in more than just money. Those of you that are contributing financially are helping us secure, performance oriented server for a specific term, as well as licensing for the features we offer. Some cost money, some don't.

Those that are not able to contribute financially are still helping the site grow by posting information and spreading the word.

We appreciate what everyone is doing to support our new community. Remember, those that are pissed at the OS are not pissed at TrailVoy, or the members that wish to remain there. We are pissed at VerticalScope, their greed and their neglect, even though they try to push off everything onto people that can't defend themselves.

Of all of the posts that have NOT been deleted on TV, this one did get deleted (as submitted here by the author):

Since you made it a point to silence all staff members before proceeding with this thread, making sure nobody with any power(real or perceived) could defend themselves..

My apologies if this is not as eloquent as some of the posts made prior.

My name is Robert, better known to these forums as MrSmithsTB. You didn't ban me, just changed my email and password so I couldn't access my account.(Planning on using it??) Fortunately, I saw the bans coming and created this alternate user account. I thought it would be nice to retain access to TRAILVOY. After see what you have to say, I am no longer interested. VS killed this community. Despite your claims, our power to make positive changes were stripped from us within weeks of your takeover. PMs, visitor messages, and threads were unanswered. You sit there behind your computer screen, saying what you are paid to say in order to save this "investment". Calling us vandals and saboteurs, while saying this is not a game of name-calling or pointing fingers. Nothing was changed by any of us on the "back end", it was all screwed by you guys when the alarm went off and you tried your piss-poor attempt at damage control. Signatures were not changed unless BY USER REQUEST. Threads and posts were deleted BY USER REQUEST. We even went as far as to delete posts that we thought crossed the line when the exodus began. Out of respect to Trailvoy and the essence of what this place was built on.

Suddenly, you are here to save the day. It's a miracle! The ads are gone, tapatalk is back, it's a new regime! You're the hero:hopeless. How long is that going to last? It doesn't really matter, because the founders of this site.....the ones who busted their knuckles and bank accounts learning all they could about these vehicles *for the benefit of other members* have all left. Yeah, you've got some stragglers and die-hards left. Some people don't know how to walk away. Even Old Yeller got caged up for a little while, before he was shot in the face. You have all of the information we so lovingly provided over the years. That is really the only value left in this shell of what Trailvoy once was. And make no mistake, it is not the intention of ANY staff member to coexist with this site. We left because we didn't like what it became, not because we wanted to have play dates.

And where the hell did all of these "active members" come from? The numbers jumped overnight from @150 members on at a time to over 300 consistently. Accounts that haven't seen activity in over a year are suddenly logged on all the time? Yet, this thread is the most posting activity this place has seen in 6 months. What are they all doing?? Reading posts? Or did you just pull a "Tommy Boy" and resurrect the dead so they could place their votes?

There is no doubt that VS has registered users on G M T Nation, and those accounts were used to find out who to seek out and ban or "global ignore" over here. I mean, how else would you know what we were saying or doing after we were banned? Damn, bro. Make yourself known over there and say what you have to say to us. And if you're not registered, time is running out. I am buying a tshirt for the 500th member and it could be you!!

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before this post is deleted and I am banned on this account as well. Tough shit, it's the internet. Do us a favor and stop with the "show me examples of when issues were brought up" bullshit. You either know and don't care or you didn't care enough to notice. Shows how much attention is really paid to this place.

I know you are just doing your job, so don't take this too much to heart. But let's be real dude, you locked us all out of here. I don't know why you would choose to attack us after that. If you really want no animosity, just leave us alone and let both sites be. What already happened is already behind us, but how you react will shape the future of your site.

With that, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for chasing us away. I'm sure everyone will eventually figure out where to go when the questions remain unanswered.....

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I saw your post over there as well as Mike's.. and I was like "hey wait a minute, they're on the GMTN as well, so wth is going on"...

That thread is getting carried away and its not accomplishing anything.. so let's just stick together here, and make this site the best it can be :thumbsup:

I agree 100%. Struggle within will hurt the community as a whole.:redface: EDIT: For what it's worth, post on the OS self-edited with removal of statement and an added apology.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I burned my AE username as well...

JohnnyL said:
From another former moderator...

After being banned, I took over an unused username belonging to a friend of mine. I was formerly known as BO TIE SS.

Although I did expect to be demoted for my actions of spreading the word about G M T N, I didn't expect to be banned. After all, I didn't do anything to "sabotage" or in any way damage this site.

I guess the only way to keep the VS lies from being revealed is to silence those who know the truth. I'm sure that this post will be deleted, and this username to be banned as well. That appears to be the only way VS knows how to deal with things.

I have been visiting this site to see where VS was going to take things. Obviously, nowhere. All they do is put the blame on the departing staff and spread lies about sabotage and damage to the site. Anyone who knows Jimmy (and the rest of us) knows that he (we) would never do anything to harm Trailvoy.

This will be my last post on this site...either by my choice or that of VS. I hope that my friends will join me on the other site. That will be the only place I can be found.

Thanks to all that I have met here for the great times. I look forward to a bright future at G M T N!

A message to VS...

I'm not going to depart using foul language or name calling. I truly am disappointed at what you have done to this site. I am even more disappointed that you blame it on us. We, the volunteer staff, tried very hard to get things done to keep this site the best it could be. When we asked for your help, you ignored us.

As stated by my esteemed colleague, I have no interest in "patching things up" with the owners of this site. I am departing for good. Over and out.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
So much pride that they cannot even leave the posts and try to defend against them. A sure sign that they are in the wrong and abusing their power. I am very happy that we don't have to deal with the bs, but offended that they couldn't just leave the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.